About this infection
Adultfilter.net is a browser hijacker website that would replace your homepage if you install the hijacker. It’s not a serious infection but it could have some unpleasant consequences if you allow it to stay installed. Hijackers aim to generate traffic for certain sponsored websites and links to them will be inserted into your search results.
If you carelessly click on them, you will end up on all kinds of websites, and the hijacker will be able to generate pay-per-click revenue. Some of those websites will not be entirely safe so if you want to avoid being redirected to malicious sites, do not click on malicious links. The site advertises itself as a search engine that will not include adult websites in your results but if you stick to safe searches, you won’t end up on pornography sites anyway, so no need to use some questionable engine. We strongly suggest you delete Adultfilter.net.
How did you get infected?
Browser hijackers are added to freeware as extra offers so that users would unknowingly installed them. If you are someone who usually rushes installation processes and uses Default settings, you will need to change those habits if you want to avoid these kinds of infections. What you need to do is pay attention and use Advanced or Custom settings when setting up programs. Those settings will allow you to see and uncheck every single added offers, so you will not end up with unpleasant surprises.
Why remove Adultfilter.net?
You can remove Adultfilter.net in two ways, manually and automatically. The former might take more time than you think because you will have to find the hijacker yourself, but are welcome to use the provided instructions below this article. If you have anti-spyware software, you can use that to uninstall Adultfilter.net and it would quicker. In the end, it does not matter which Adultfilter.net removal method you use, just that you get rid of it.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Adultfilter.net Redirect VirusUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Adultfilter.net Redirect Virus. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Adultfilter.net Redirect Virus and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
How Kaspersky Lab Works? Without a doubt, Kaspersky is one of the top anti-viruses available at the moment. According to computer experts, the software is currently the best at locating and destroyin ...
Step 1. Uninstall Adultfilter.net Redirect Virus and related programs.
Remove Adultfilter.net Redirect Virus from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Adultfilter.net Redirect Virus from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Adultfilter.net Redirect Virus from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Adultfilter.net Redirect Virus from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Adultfilter.net Redirect Virus or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Adultfilter.net Redirect Virus from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Adultfilter.net Redirect Virus from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Adultfilter.net Redirect Virus from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Adultfilter.net Redirect Virus from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Adultfilter.net Redirect Virus and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.