What is alientab.net?
alientab.net is a wide-spread browser hijacker that probably entered your system via free software bundles. It is not a malicious program but it will make changes to your browser and then possibly try to redirect you. Browser hijackers exist to redirect users to sponsored content and to make it easier, they force you to use a questionable web page by setting it as your home website. The hijacker itself is not malicious but it is not recommended to allow it to stay because some hijackers are able to expose users to malicious content.
In any case, browser hijackers are rather useless as they do not provide any beneficial services that would make keeping them worth it. They even use questionable ways to enter your computer, essentially without your permission. Make sure you install free programs correctly so that you do not end up with unwanted programs. And ensure that you delete alientab.net.
Why uninstall alientab.net?
The hijacker will take over your browser and change settings so that alientab.net is your homepage and new tabs. You are most likely not asked to permit those changes and are now stuck with them until you remove alientab.net browser hijacker. Until you do so, every time you open your browser, be it Internet Explorer, Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox, you will be redirected to alientab.net. It appears very basic and has a search bar. If you try to search for something, you will be taken to Yahoo, and if you search for Images, Videos and News, you will be taken to Google. They are legitimate search engines but the hijacker is essentially forcing you to use them and you should not put up up with that. And why would you use some dubious in-between website when you can go there directly. alientab.net may also be following what you search for and gathering certain kind of information about you, which could then be shared with third-parties. The hijacker really has no use to you, and we suggest you delete alientab.net.
Browser hijackers do no use some really elaborate method to get into your computer. They are sneaky, however. alientab.net was most likely attached to free software as an extra offer and you did not notice it. When those extras go unnoticed, they are allowed to install. You must have used Default settings, which was a mistake. Those settings do not show you any added items and then they install automatically. If you want to prevent unwanted installations, use Advanced or Custom settings and you will be able to uncheck the boxes of all added items, which will stop them from installing. Now that you understand how it entered your computer, we suggest you uninstall alientab.net.
You will probbaly need to get anti-malware software to remove alientab.net fully. If you try manual alientab.net removal, you might struggle with finding it or getting rid of it fully. If you do not erase alientab.net fully, it may be able to renew itself.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Alientab.netUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Alientab.net. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Alientab.net and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Alientab.net and related programs.
Remove Alientab.net from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Alientab.net from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Alientab.net from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Alientab.net from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Alientab.net or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Alientab.net from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Alientab.net from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Alientab.net from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Alientab.net from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Alientab.net and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
Incoming search terms:
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.