About this infection
Aliexpress virus refers to an adware infection that leads to potentially fraudulent AliExpress websites. AliExpress is a popular online store that offers everything from clothes to tech devices. Seeing as it is a popular choice among many users when it comes to shopping, cyber criminals take advantage of that. They create highly similar websites and then redirect users to them via adware, where people who don’t suspect anything could end up providing their banking details to cyber crooks. If you are constantly redirected to fraudulent websites, you could have some kind of adware infection. Adware itself it not harmful to your computer, but evidently, it could lead to certain damage. If you got redirected to a bogus shopping website, you might end up providing your payment information, which could lead to substantial financial loss. This just proves that you need to be very careful when shopping online because you could unknowingly lead crooks to your money. If you notice that you are regularly redirected to those fake websites, make sure you delete Aliexpress virus adware.
If you’re wondering how you managed to get the infection in the first place, it was probably attached to freeware as an extra offer, which you did not notice. Those added offers are usually hidden, which is why users end up accidentally installing them. It’s not difficult to prevent these installations, and to find out how to do it, continue reading.
What does it do?
The main intention of this adware is to scam you into providing your personal information, including banking details, to criminals. The adware could be made to redirect you to fraudulent AliExpress websites when you try to access the legitimate one. They might look identical, except the URL which not many users check, unfortunately. You find something you want to buy, go to check out, provide your payment data and proceed to purchase, without noticing that the URL is weird and does not match the legitimate web store address.
These redirects may happen on all popular browsers you have installed, whether you are using Internet Explorer, Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox. And in addition to being redirected to bogus websites, you could be seeing ads leading to those same fraudulent websites. Adware is also known to collect information about users, so if you searched for something particular before, you might see a bogus ad for the very same thing. You click on it, end up on a scam website, provide your banking information, and it would land in the hands of crooks. It’s a rather elaborate ploy made to take advantage of users who are not as attentive as they should be when shopping online.
If you want to stay safe when shopping online, you need to be very attentive. If you’re planning on buying from an online store you’ve never heard of, first look into it and its reputation. Make sure it’s legitimate before you provide any kind of information about yourself. And if you’re buying from a legitimate store, make sure the website address you are on matches the official site URL. Be particularly attentive during check-out. And finally, make sure you computer if free from infections that could cause harm. If you’re not gonna change your browsing habits to ensure you are safe from infections, at least install anti-spyware software so that it can safeguard your computer. And make sure you uninstall Aliexpress virus.
How did adware infect your computer?
Adware probably got into your computer via freeware bundles. You likely installed some program you got from one of those free download websites, rushed the installation process, and failed to notice that something was attached to the program. This is a common occurrence because users generally don’t pay attention to how they install programs. If you want to prevent these installations, pay attention to installation processes. Make sure you choose Advanced or Custom settings, and deselect everything that is attached to the program. All you need to do is uncheck a couple of boxes. You can then proceed to install the program.
Aliexpress virus removal
If you don’t have much experience when it comes to computers, we suggest you obtain anti-spyware software to take care of the infection. This is the easier method. If you would prefer to do everything yourself, it may take longer but should be fully possible to do. You are welcome to use the below provided instructions to help you.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Aliexpress virusUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Aliexpress virus. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Aliexpress virus and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
Is MacKeeper a virus? MacKeeper is not a virus, nor is it a scam. While there are various opinions about the program on the Internet, a lot of the people who so notoriously hate the program have neve ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Aliexpress virus and related programs.
Remove Aliexpress virus from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Aliexpress virus from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Aliexpress virus from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Aliexpress virus from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Aliexpress virus or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Aliexpress virus from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Aliexpress virus from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Aliexpress virus from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Aliexpress virus from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Aliexpress virus and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.