About this infection
Always Weather is a weather-related browser extension that is also considered to be a potentially unwanted program (PUP). It is advertised as a useful extension that will provide weather forecast reports, and allow you to choose multiple locations. It may also not be what it first appears. And you probably did not even install it knowingly.
It could have been added to freeware as an extra offer, and you missed it, which allowed it to install. We will explain how to avoid these kinds of installations in the future. It’s not a malicious computer threat, as in it will not directly harm your computer but if you allow it to remain, you might eventually end up with a more serious infection as it could expose you to unreliable domains. You should delete Always Weather virus.
PUP spread methods
PUPs are usually added to freeware as extra offers. They are set to install alongside and are hidden. So a lot of users do not notice them, which allows them to install. In order to be able to prevent installation, you need to use Advanced or Customs settings. Those settings will show you if anything has been added, and if there is, you will be able to easily deselect it/them. If you stick to Default settings, you will be stuck with plenty of unwanted programs, so use Advanced. You will avoid having to remove Always Weather virus or similar, which will save you loads of time.
Should you uninstall Always Weather virus?
Always Weather virus removal
You can uninstall Always Weather virus in two ways, manually and automatically. The former might take more time than you realize because you would need to find the PUP yourself. If you go with manual Always Weather virus removal, it would be easier as the program would do everything for you.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Always Weather virus from chromeUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Always Weather virus from chrome. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Always Weather virus from chrome and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Always Weather virus from chrome and related programs.
Remove Always Weather virus from chrome from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Always Weather virus from chrome from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Always Weather virus from chrome from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Always Weather virus from chrome from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Always Weather virus from chrome or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Always Weather virus from chrome from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Always Weather virus from chrome from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Always Weather virus from chrome from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Always Weather virus from chrome from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Always Weather virus from chrome and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.