About this threat
Amazon assistant is a browser extension that some regard to be a potentially unwanted program (PUP). It is a legitimate extension that helps users shop online but it also gathers certain kind of information about you. It’s usually obtained via official stores and websites but it could also be promoted via free software bundles.
That means that users who do not mean to install it, end up with it. It’s not going to harm your computer and the worse it could be classified is a PUP. It’s basically harmless so you can use it if you choose to. However, do bear in mind that it’s not all what it seems. It’s possibly collecting information about you to know what you are interested in. It’s up to you whether you delete amazon assistant virus, but you should look into the extension further.
How could you get the extension?
You could obtain it from the official stores and websites as it is a legitimate add-on. However, these kinds of PUPs are known to spread using software bundles. They are attached to freeware as extra offers but they are optional. However, despite that, they are set to install. This means that if you wanted to avoid these unwanted installations, you would need to manually deselect them. This is done in Advanced or Custom settings during freeware setup. You will see all extra offers and will be allowed to deselect everything. Make sure you always uncheck all the boxes because otherwise, you could end up having to remove amazon assistant virus and similar over and over again.
Should you uninstall amazon assistant virus?
Amazon offers this extension as a shopping helper and it’s fully legitimate. What it does is, once on your browser, be it Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome, it will generate advertisements to help you find the best deals. This might seem useful to those who regularly buy something online. However, the extension also has the permission to read and change all your data on the websites you visit. That means that it’s gathering information related to your searches and habits. For those users who are concerned with their online privacy, that might be an unsettling idea. While not necessarily the case with this one, some extensions also sell that information to third-parties, who use it for their own benefit. The decision is yours but we suggest you uninstall amazon assistant virus.
amazon assistant virus removal
If you have chosen to remove amazon assistant virus, you should be able to do so in two ways. The anti-spyware programs that detect this extension as a PUP should be able to erase it. This would be the easiest option because you would not need to do anything. However, you can also delete amazon assistant virus manually. This should not be difficult to do and you can use the provided amazon assistant virus removal guide below this article to help you.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Amazon Assistant VirusUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Amazon Assistant Virus. Trial version of SpyHunter provides detection of computer threats like Amazon Assistant Virus and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Amazon Assistant Virus and related programs.
Remove Amazon Assistant Virus from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Amazon Assistant Virus from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Amazon Assistant Virus from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Amazon Assistant Virus from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Amazon Assistant Virus or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Amazon Assistant Virus from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Amazon Assistant Virus from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Amazon Assistant Virus from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Amazon Assistant Virus from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Amazon Assistant Virus and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
Incoming search terms:
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.