What is Anghabar.ru?
Anghabar.ru is a browser hijacker that spreads online with the help of Vittalia Internet. It usually enters computer systems together with its extension called GoHomeGo. The hijacker affects all browsers that you have installed as it is compatible with all major browsers. Although it may look like just another search engine at first, we assure you, there is nothing beneficial about it to you. The hijacker will, however, cause various disruptions to your surfing and lower your online security. That is why we recommend that you waste no time and terminate Anghabar.ru without delay.
How does Anghabar.ru work?
The hijacker uses the same distribution method as do other potentially unwanted and ad-supported programs. It attaches itself to freeware and shareware bundles. When you install free software, you should be attentive with the wizard, because in most cases, you will be offered to add more programs to your PC. These programs are referred to as potentially unwanted. It is possible to avoid them by installing freeware in the Advanced mode and declining all additional offers of unfamiliar apps.
The first action that is taken by the hijacker is browser settings modification. Your home page and default search engine get switched to Anghabar.ru right away. The website looks similar to other search portals. It contains a search box, which will bring you results including sponsored links. Other pages that you visit will have advertising data added to them as well. None of the ads are monitored by anyone, so they could be fake. You click on them at your own risk. Please keep in mind that you could be redirected to unsafe sites with virtual scams. Falling for one of them could lead to serious consequences. If you want to keep your computer and your personal information safe, you should eliminate Anghabar.ru from your browsers as soon as you can.
How to remove Anghabar.ru?
You can choose from two Anghabar.ru removal options: manual or automatic. The manual removal instructions are presented on this page and you are welcome to use them, however, the automatic Anghabar.ru removal option is far more beneficial. If you implement the anti-malware utility from our site, it will help you not only delete Anghabar.ru, but also terminate other unwanted files and apps that may be present on your PC. In addition to that, the security software will stay helpful even after you use it to erase Anghabar.ru as it comes with several valuable features including real-time online protection. That way, the malware prevention and removal tool will help you keep your computer safeguarded at all times.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Anghabar.ruUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Anghabar.ru. Trial version of SpyHunter provides detection of computer threats like Anghabar.ru and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Anghabar.ru and related programs.
Remove Anghabar.ru from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Anghabar.ru from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Anghabar.ru from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Anghabar.ru from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Anghabar.ru or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Anghabar.ru from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Anghabar.ru from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Anghabar.ru from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Anghabar.ru from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Anghabar.ru and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.