What is Annabelle 2.1 Virus?
Annabelle 2.1 is a malicious infection categorized as ransomware. It is a new variant of the Anabelle ransomware, which we have seen online before, however, it does not seem to come from the same cyber crooks. Instead of corrupting the data stored on the infected computer with the AES-256 encryption, the threat adds “.AnabelleCreate” extension to your files without actually encoding them. Unfortunately, it still stops you from accessing your data and urges you to pay the ransom money in order to restore the access. We recommend against any type of interaction with hackers. Instead, we advise that you terminate Annabelle 2.1 Virus as soon as you can.
How does Annabelle 2.1 work?
Annabelle 2.1 spreads online just like any other malware. You may have infected your PC by downloading a spam email attachment, visiting a corrupted site, or clicking on a fake ad. Although the ransomware is targeted towards Korean-speaking users (the note is presented in Korean), that does not mean that users from other countries will not have to deal with this parasite. Once it infiltrates the system, it starts damaging your files. It does not encrypt them, but it does add an extension “.AnabelleCreate” and the word “HACKED!!!” to your files. By inserting “HACKED!!!” into your files, the ransomware modifies the files’ structure, so you can no longer use them properly.
After the infection is done scrambling your files, it presents you with the so-called ransom note, which states that your files are encrypted and that if you try to recover them, all of your data will be deleted. Neither of those statements is true, nor is the fact that paying any amount of money to the cyber criminals is going to result in anything beneficial. The only thing you can hope for is that the virus did not get installed properly and that it did not add an extension to your data. In this case, you will still see the ransom note, however, you will be able to access your files. If that is not the case, we suggest that you delete Annabelle 2.1 Virus from your PC immediately and focus on file recovery.
How to remove Annabelle 2.1 Virus?
You can eliminate Annabelle 2.1 Virus from your system in its entirety by using a reliable anti-malware utility. We have one on our page. If you implement the malware remover from our site, it will help you to do more than just delete Annabelle 2.1 Virus. The security tool will scan your computer for all potential threats. Once it detects the issues, it will terminate Annabelle 2.1 Virus along with other unsafe and unwanted files and programs. In addition to Annabelle 2.1 Virus removal, the anti-malware will also help you make sure that you browse the Internet in a more secure way from now on by providing you with online protection in real time.
Download Removal Toolto scan for Annabelle 2.1Use our recommended removal tool to scan for Annabelle 2.1. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Annabelle 2.1 and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
Is MacKeeper a virus? MacKeeper is not a virus, nor is it a scam. While there are various opinions about the program on the Internet, a lot of the people who so notoriously hate the program have neve ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Delete Annabelle 2.1 using Safe Mode with Networking.
Remove Annabelle 2.1 from Windows 7/Windows Vista/Windows XP
- Click on Start and select Shutdown.
- Choose Restart and click OK.
- Start tapping F8 when your PC starts loading.
- Under Advanced Boot Options, choose Safe Mode with Networking.
- Open your browser and download the anti-malware utility.
- Use the utility to remove Annabelle 2.1
Remove Annabelle 2.1 from Windows 8/Windows 10
- On the Windows login screen, press the Power button.
- Tap and hold Shift and select Restart.
- Go to Troubleshoot → Advanced options → Start Settings.
- Choose Enable Safe Mode or Safe Mode with Networking under Startup Settings.
- Click Restart.
- Open your web browser and download the malware remover.
- Use the software to delete Annabelle 2.1
Step 2. Restore Your Files using System Restore
Delete Annabelle 2.1 from Windows 7/Windows Vista/Windows XP
- Click Start and choose Shutdown.
- Select Restart and OK
- When your PC starts loading, press F8 repeatedly to open Advanced Boot Options
- Choose Command Prompt from the list.
- Type in cd restore and tap Enter.
- Type in rstrui.exe and press Enter.
- Click Next in the new window and select the restore point prior to the infection.
- Click Next again and click Yes to begin the system restore.
Delete Annabelle 2.1 from Windows 8/Windows 10
- Click the Power button on the Windows login screen.
- Press and hold Shift and click Restart.
- Choose Troubleshoot and go to Advanced options.
- Select Command Prompt and click Restart.
- In Command Prompt, input cd restore and tap Enter.
- Type in rstrui.exe and tap Enter again.
- Click Next in the new System Restore window.
- Choose the restore point prior to the infection.
- Click Next and then click Yes to restore your system.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.