Antivirus Security Pro Removal Instructions
Antivirus Security Pro is classified as a rogue anti-spyware program. It comes from the Rogue.WinWebSec family of malware and exhibits such unwanted behavior as displaying fake alerts on your screen that claim your PC has been severely damaged. It also restricts access to some of your programs, especially those that have to do with online security.
The unreliable tool is distributed through fake ads and pop-ups that appear on hacked or untrustworthy websites. These ads try to convince you that you should check you system’s status and if you agree to installing the supposed scanner, you infect your computer with the malicious application. There is no question that you need to uninstall Antivirus Security Pro as soon as you can.
How does Antivirus Security Pro work?
Once Antivirus Security Pro gets installed, it is configured to launch automatically every time you turn on your PC. When the program starts for the first time, it “scans” your computer for possible threats. The results of the fake scan claim that there are numerous viruses and other issues in your system. It suggest that you clean it as soon as possible and in order to do that, you, of course, need to purchase the full version of the utility. Needless to say, that was the purpose of the software all along. There is nothing wrong with your computer other than the rogue itself. The files that are shown to you as infected are perfectly fine. In fact, some of them do not even exist at all.
In addition to the fake scan, the rogue also tries to scare you by using fake warnings and alerts that pop-up on your screen when you try to access certain programs. These alerts will claim that “suspicious activity” has been detected and urge you to “activate full edition of your antivirus software for repairing threats”. You should not waste your money on the tool as it is not a legitimate application. What you should do is delete Antivirus Security Pro from your PC right away.
How to remove Antivirus Security Pro?
Unfortunately, rogue anti-spyware is a malicious infection, so can only delete Antivirus Security Pro automatically. If you download and implement the anti-malware tool from our page, you will be able to eliminate Antivirus Security Pro without any difficulty. The utility will scan your system and detect all components of the infection. You will then be able to use it to remove Antivirus Security Pro completely. In addition to Antivirus Security Pro removal, you will also make sure that your computer does not get infected by similar threats again as the anti-malware will provide you with a reliable real-time online protection. Before you download the security tool, however, you have to restart your computer in Safe Mode with Networking. If you are not sure how to do that, you can use the instructions presented below.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Antivirus Security ProUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Antivirus Security Pro. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Antivirus Security Pro and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Plumbytes is a reliable security software that can provide you with a rich set of beneficial features. It belongs to a UK-based company called Plumbytes Software, LP. The application functions as a ma ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Antivirus Security Pro and related programs.
Remove Antivirus Security Pro from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Antivirus Security Pro from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Antivirus Security Pro from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Antivirus Security Pro from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Antivirus Security Pro or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Antivirus Security Pro from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Antivirus Security Pro from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Antivirus Security Pro from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Antivirus Security Pro from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Antivirus Security Pro and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.