About this website
antrie.com is a questionable website that could be set as your homepage by a browser hijacker. Hijackers are minor infections that make changes to browsers without permission, and try to redirect users to sponsored websites. They are pretty common, and are usually attached to freeware as extra offers, which allows them to spread pretty quickly. Users have to permit their installation, and they usually do it unknowingly and later are surprised when they notice the changes. In the next section, you will find instructions with how to avoid these unwanted installation. In the meantime, you should familiarize yourself with hijackers more so you know what to expect when dealing with one.
After the setting changes are performed, and users have a new homepage, hijackers try to redirect users. Certain website owners employ them to redirect traffic to their sites for revenue making purposes. One thing to note about this is that those redirects don’t always lead to secure websites, and if you are not careful, you could end up with a serious infection. Hijackers don’t benefit you in general, and there is no reason to keep it. Especially because they invade your computer without permission. We recommend you delete antrie.com from your browser, along with the hijacker.
How to prevent their infection in the future?
When it comes to avoiding browser hijackers, all you need to do is follow program installations carefully and make sure you always deselect all attached items (adware, hijackers, potentially unwanted programs (PUPs)). When installing a program, look for any indication that it has something attached to it, and if does, deselect it. This can be done in Advanced (Custom) settings during the installation process. Those settings make added offers visible, and all you need to do is untick their boxes. Afterwards, you are free to install the program. Avoid using Default, as those settings are the likely reason why you ended up with a hijacker in the first place.
Why remove antrie.com?
The website may appear in all popular browsers you have installed, such as Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox among other browsers. It will load every time you open your browser as it is now your homepage. It seems to be aimed at Chinese-speaking users and provides links to all kinds of websites, such as Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, Twitter, Reddit, Gmail, CNN, etc. It also presents a search engine that leads to Google. Once the changes have been performed, you will be unable to undo them until you erase the hijacker from the computer. The website itself is pretty basic, does not provide anything extraordinary that you can’t find on more reliable websites. Since the search engine will lead to Google, you can go to Google directly if you want to use it, no need to use some dubious third-party website. Unlike many other hijackers, it may not be able to redirect you, but it could still be collecting information about you, what you search for and would be interested in. That data could be shared with third-parties who would use it for advertisement purposes. There is no reason why you should put up with it, especially since the site is not exactly reliable.
If you’ve decided to uninstall antrie.com, you can do it in two ways. Manual elimination may take more time because you have to do everything yourself. But if you are struggling, with no idea where to start, you are welcome to use the below provided instructions to help you. Deletion via anti-spyware software may be easier because the program would do everything for you. Whichever method you pick, make sure the hijacker is gone completely. Because otherwise, it could recover.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Antrie.comUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Antrie.com. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Antrie.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
Is MacKeeper a virus? MacKeeper is not a virus, nor is it a scam. While there are various opinions about the program on the Internet, a lot of the people who so notoriously hate the program have neve ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Antrie.com and related programs.
Remove Antrie.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Antrie.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Antrie.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Antrie.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Antrie.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Antrie.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Antrie.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Antrie.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Antrie.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Antrie.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.