Autosearch.centurylink.com Removal Instructions
Autosearch.centurylink.com can take over your browsers without your notice, which is why it is classified as a browser hijacker. It can affect all most commonly used web browsers including Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, and others. The hijacker belongs to CenturyLink, Inc. and is aimed at making profit for this company. It will flood you with advertisements, cause redirects to its sponsors, and more.
The hijacker will not improve your online experience in any way, which is why we advise that you delete Autosearch.centurylink.com without further delay.
How does Autosearch.centurylink.com work?
The hijacker sets Autosearch.centurylink.com as your home page and default search provider as soon as it enters your system. The website contains two search boxes and links to various search terms like Travel, Lifestyle, Business, Insurance, Shopping, Computers, and others. If you use one of the search boxes, you will get original results, however, they will include lots of sponsored links. Clearly, this is not the best way to search the Web. If you wish to return to you original settings, you will have to uninstall Autosearch.centurylink.com.
Unfortunately, the advertising content will not be limited to the search results brought to you by the hijacker. You will see adverts no matter where you go online. They will appear in the form of pop-ups, coupons, banners, hyperlinks, and so on. These advertisements cannot be trusted as they are not endorsed by the hijacker. They could be fake and lead you to corrupted pages with virtual scams. In addition to lowering your safety level, the hijacker also causes other disturbances like slowing down your online surfing speed, tracking your cookies, and using up a lot of system resources. If you wish to eliminate all of these symptoms, we advise that you terminate Autosearch.centurylink.com right away.
How to remove Autosearch.centurylink.com?
There are two Autosearch.centurylink.com removal options to choose from: manual or automatic. Manual removal is not that complicated, however, before you can delete the hijacker from your browsers, you will have to uninstall its related application from your computer. Both of these tasks are described in the manual Autosearch.centurylink.com removal guide below the article. The alternative solution, which is much more reliable, is to remove Autosearch.centurylink.com automatically. To do that, you will need an anti-malware tool. You can download the software from our site and use it to clean up your PC. The malware remover will not only delete Autosearch.centurylink.com from your computer, but also keep it protected from other parasites you may encounter on the Internet.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Autosearch.centurylink.comUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Autosearch.centurylink.com. Trial version of SpyHunter provides detection of computer threats like Autosearch.centurylink.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Autosearch.centurylink.com and related programs.
Remove Autosearch.centurylink.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Autosearch.centurylink.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Autosearch.centurylink.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Autosearch.centurylink.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Autosearch.centurylink.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Autosearch.centurylink.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Autosearch.centurylink.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Autosearch.centurylink.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Autosearch.centurylink.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Autosearch.centurylink.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
Incoming search terms:
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.