Bang5Tao Removal Instructions (Uninstall Bang5Tao)
Bang5Tao is classified as an ad-supported program, which can affect all major browsers. The extension causes various advertisements to appear on your screen while you surf the Web. It may also turn random words or phrases into redirecting hyperlinks.
The adware travels in freeware and shareware bundles. It is possible that you did not notice it during the installation process. It is important to keep in mind that there is nothing useful about the application as all it does is generate web traffic by flooding you with commercial data. We suggest that you delete Bang5Tao.
How does Bang5Tao work?
As it has been mentioned above, Bang5Tao gets distributed with the help of free third party software. Freeware and shareware are presented on various file-hosting websites that usually attach ad-supported and potentially unwanted programs to them. If you do not pay close attention to the installation wizard, you agree to additional applications unwittingly. Unfortunately, in some cases you are not given a choice to deselect the program, so even if you notice it during the installation process, you will not be able to avoid it unless you cancel the installation altogether. Another method used to distribute the adware is the T.b5m.com website, where you can download it directly.
Bang5Tao differs from other applications of this type not just because of its distribution methods, but also because of what it promotes. Most adware promote various websites, however, Bang5Tao focuses only on B5m.com. This page belongs to a Chinese online retailer. The adware itself is also targeted towards computer users living in China as it is presented in mandarin language. Still, that does not mean that it cannot affect computer users from other countries as well. Needless to say, if you have this application installed on our PC, you should delete Bang5Tao without hesitation.
How to remove Bang5Tao?
It is not that easy to eliminate Bang5Tao from your computer. The adware cannot be uninstalled via Control Panel. That is why we suggest that you go with automatic Bang5Tao removal. If you download the anti-malware tool from our page, you will be able to scan your system and detect all unwanted files and programs stored on your PC. The software will then erase Bang5Tao along with all other threats. It will also safeguard your system in the future. Alternative solution is to remove Bang5Tao manually by ending its process in the Task Manager (Ctrl+Shift+Esc) and deleting its extension from your browsers.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Bang5TaoUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Bang5Tao. Trial version of SpyHunter provides detection of computer threats like Bang5Tao and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version. More...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
What is Bitdefender Antivirus Software? Bitdefender is an anti-virus application that provides advanced protection against Internet-based threats. You can choose between Bitdefender Anti-Virus Plus, ...
How Kaspersky Lab Works? Without a doubt, Kaspersky is one of the top anti-viruses available at the moment. According to computer experts, the software is currently the best at locating and destroyin ...
Step 1. Uninstall Bang5Tao and related programs.
Remove Bang5Tao from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Bang5Tao from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Bang5Tao from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Bang5Tao from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Bang5Tao or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Bang5Tao from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Bang5Tao from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Bang5Tao from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Bang5Tao from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Bang5Tao and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
Incoming search terms:
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.