BasementDuster Removal Guide (Uninstall BasementDuster)
BasementDuster was developed by BD Inc. and is promoted as a tool that can improve the quality of the videos that you watch on your PC. Unfortunately, its real purpose is to generate web traffic by exposing you to various ads. That is why it is classified as an advertising-supported application. The adware usually travels in free software bundles. It often accompanies media players, video codecs, and other freeware.
The application gets installed without your notice and affects all of your browsers. There is nothing valuable about it, which is why we suggest that you delete BasementDuster from your computer right away.
How does BasementDuster work?
BasementDuster is similar to other programs of this type such as Mega Browse, NetNucleous, and more. All adware are usually promoted as useful applications, however, they rarely have any beneficial features. BasementDuster is no different. It injects various pop-ups, links, banners, coupons, and other ads into your browsers. It also causes redirects. These activities slow down your surfing speed. Worse than that, however, is the fact that the commercial data which you get exposed to is not all safe. Some of the ads are completely fake. They can lead you to unreliable pages containing virtual scams. If you fall for one of these scams, you will risk infecting your PC with malware, suffering financial losses, and more. That is why you should avoid all ads until you eliminate BasementDuster for good.
It is often the case that computer users install ad-supported apps by accident. This happens because they do not pay attention to the free software that they install. During the installation process, you are often offered to install additional programs. If you do not notice these offers, you agree to them automatically, because they are pre-selected. In order to avoid them, you need to always choose the Advanced installation mode and deselect all unnecessary applications. Make sure you do that the next time you deal with free third party software.
How to remove BasementDuster?
There are two possible BasementDuster removal options. You can uninstall the adware manually or automatically. If you choose to delete BasementDuster manually, you can follow the instructions we have prepared below the article. If, however, you would like to make sure that you not only terminate BasementDuster, but also get rid of other potential threats that may be present in your system, you should go with automatic removal instead. The anti-malware tool, which is available on our site, will scan your PC, detect all unwanted components, and remove BasementDuster along with them. It will also keep your computer safeguarded from other Internet-based infections.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove BasementDusterUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall BasementDuster. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like BasementDuster and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
Is MacKeeper a virus? MacKeeper is not a virus, nor is it a scam. While there are various opinions about the program on the Internet, a lot of the people who so notoriously hate the program have neve ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall BasementDuster and related programs.
Remove BasementDuster from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall BasementDuster from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete BasementDuster from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove BasementDuster from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for BasementDuster or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete BasementDuster from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase BasementDuster from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove BasementDuster from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall BasementDuster from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable BasementDuster and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.