BasicQuery.com is a highly questionable search engine that falls into the browser hijacker category. It is not malicious and will not harm your computer directly but it can expose you to dangerous content. It aims to generate pay-per-click revenue for sponsored websites and to do that, it will redirect you to those sites. However, it does not make sure the sites are secure, so you could end up with a serious malware infection on your computer if you do not take care of BasicQuery.com removal immediately. A browse hijacker can enter your computer along with software bundles, if you do not pay enough attention to how you install software. We suggest you delete BasicQuery.com as soon as possible as it will only irritate you.
How did BasicQuery.com install?
Essentially, you, yourself, allowed BasicQuery.com to install onto your computer. It was attached to free software and when you installed it, you ended up installing BasicQuery.com browser hijacker as well. This is not unusual because BasicQuery.com was hidden in Advanced (Custom) settings of the installation process, and most users choose Default. The most basic settings do not show added items and allow them to install without your knowledge. In Advanced, you can deselect all added items and thus prevent them from installing. Had you done this, you would not need to remove BasicQuery.com right now.
Why uninstall BasicQuery.com?
As soon as it enters your computer, it will change your browser’s settings and set itself as your homepage and new tabs. The changes will affect all major browsers (Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, etc.) and cannot be undone unless you delete BasicQuery.com from your computer first. Browser hijackers aim to generate pay-per-click income for sponsored websites and they do that by inserting sponsored results into search engines so that you would click on them. In the case of BasicQuery.com, if you use the provided search engine, all you will get are sponsored results. You will not get any legitimate results, so BasicQuery.com is useless as a search engine. The sponsored results might lead users to dangerous pages where they could obtain malware if they are not careful. You will not gain anything useful by allowing this hijacker to remain on your computer as it will only test your patience. We suggest you remove BasicQuery.com.
You have two ways to uninstall BasicQuery.com, manually and automatically. If you choose the manual way, you will have to locate and erase BasicQuery.com yourself. Locating all related files can be quite difficult so if you are having trouble, you can also eliminate BasicQuery.com using a reliable removal tool. It will locate and terminate BasicQuery.com for you.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove BasicQuery.comUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall BasicQuery.com. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like BasicQuery.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
How Kaspersky Lab Works? Without a doubt, Kaspersky is one of the top anti-viruses available at the moment. According to computer experts, the software is currently the best at locating and destroyin ...
Step 1. Uninstall BasicQuery.com and related programs.
Remove BasicQuery.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall BasicQuery.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete BasicQuery.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove BasicQuery.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for BasicQuery.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete BasicQuery.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase BasicQuery.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove BasicQuery.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall BasicQuery.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable BasicQuery.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.