What is Betterfind.me?
If Betterfind.me has replaced your home page without you agreeing to these modifications, it means that you are dealing with a browser hijacker. There is nothing useful about any hijacker, so there is no reason for you to keep it installed. In fact, the only way to return to your previous browser settings and get rid of the unnecessary adverts that you now see each time you surf the Web is by eliminating the hijacker from your system. This article can help you delete Betterfind.me and its related program for good.
How does Betterfind.me work?
Although it may be promoted as a powerful search tool, the real goal of Betterfind.me is to expose you to as much advertising data as possible. The hijacker employs the pay-per-click system, which means that its creators earn revenue for all interactions with the ads that you make. That is why that hijacker’s symptoms are not limited to simply altering your browser settings, i.e. switching your home page and default search engine to Betterfind.me, but also include inserting adverts into all sites that you go to and rerouting you to its sponsors. These actions are disruptive and they lower your online security level.
The commercial data like pop-ups, banners, coupons, and other ads that you encounter while using your browsers are not monitored by the hijacker. There is no reason to believe that all of them are safe to click on. If you trust one of the ads and it turns out to be fake, you could risk falling for a virtual scam. You may unknowingly infect your PC with harmful programs, share your information with cyber crooks, waste money on bogus products, etc. If you wish to avoid these consequences, you should get rid of Betterfind.me as soon as you can.
How to remove Betterfind.me?
Betterfind.me removal can be completed with the help of the anti-malware application presented on our page. If you use it, it will scan your system, detect all components of the hijacker, and erase Betterfind.me completely. In addition to that, the utility will also remove other unsafe files and programs and provide your PC with online protection in real time. As you can see, there are several benefits to choosing to delete Betterfind.me automatically. There is, however, another option you can go for and that is manual removal. If you decide to terminate Betterfind.me manually, you will have to identify and uninstall the program that arrived with the hijacker and alter your browser settings afterwards. Instructions below can help you with these tasks.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Betterfind.meUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Betterfind.me. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Betterfind.me and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Betterfind.me and related programs.
Remove Betterfind.me from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Betterfind.me from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Betterfind.me from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Betterfind.me from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Betterfind.me or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Betterfind.me from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Betterfind.me from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Betterfind.me from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Betterfind.me from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Betterfind.me and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.