Betternewtabsearch.com is a browser hijacker that must have entered your computer along with free software. You need to start paying more attention to how you install free software as you allowed it to install yourself. It is not malicious and will not harm your computer directly as that is not its main intention. It will, however, change your browser’s settings and collect information about you. Some browser hijackers are even capable of leading users to malicious web pages, where the users could encounter malware. Browser hijackers exist to expose users to advertisement content and will not benefit you in any way. They will only disrupt your browsing sessions. Which is why we recommend that you delete Betternewtabsearch.com.
How did Betternewtabsearch.com enter my computer?
You allowed Betternewtabsearch.com to install yourself. It was attached to free software in a way that allowed it to install alongside it. You could have prevented it from installing, had you deselected it. When installing free software, you need to choose Advanced (Custom) settings. You will be able to prevent the added items from installing by unchecking the boxes of the added items. This will ensure that you will not need to remove Betternewtabsearch.com or similar. Do not rush through the installation process in Default settings as you will not be able to deselect anything.
Why uninstall Betternewtabsearch.com?
Betternewtabsearch.com will take over your browser as soon as it enters your computer. No matter which browser you have, Internet Explorer, Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox, they will all be affected. You browser’s settings will be changed and Betternewtabsearch.com will be set as your homepage and new tabs. This change might come as unexpected as you were not asked to permit it. You will also not be able to undo the modification until you remove Betternewtabsearch.com. Betternewtabsearch.com is very basic and only has a search bar on the page. If you use it, you will be taken to Google. Betternewtabsearch.com does not provide anything new so there are no reasons why you should not terminate Betternewtabsearch.com. This hijacker will also collect data about you. And that includes private information if you provide it yourself. Some browser hijackers can then sell that data to questionable third-parties. Do not allow this hijacker to put your privacy and your computer at risk. You should uninstall Betternewtabsearch.com.
In order to delete Betternewtabsearch.com, we suggest you obtain a reliable removal tool. It will be able to take care of Betternewtabsearch.com removal quickly. If you do not want to obtain such a program, you can also erase Betternewtabsearch.com manually. However, it will be more time-consuming as browser hijackers are difficult to find.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Betternewtabsearch.comUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Betternewtabsearch.com. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Betternewtabsearch.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Betternewtabsearch.com and related programs.
Remove Betternewtabsearch.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Betternewtabsearch.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Betternewtabsearch.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Betternewtabsearch.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Betternewtabsearch.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Betternewtabsearch.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Betternewtabsearch.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Betternewtabsearch.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Betternewtabsearch.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Betternewtabsearch.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.