What is BetterTab virus?
BetterTab virus is a dubious browser add-on that could also be classified as a browser hijacker and a potentially unwanted program (PUP). It is available for download on the Google Chrome store but you could have also obtained it unknowingly when you were installing free software. This would not be unusual as there are many PUPs that are attached to free software as extra offers. If you do not notice them, essentially, you will be allowing them to install. And most users do not notice them. It is not malicious and is a legitimate add-on but some of its features are questionable. If you did not choose to install it, you will be surprised to know that your browser’s settings have been changed and you are forced to use some questionable extension. We would recommend you delete BetterTab virus.
Why is BetterTab virus on my system?
You either chose to install it or it was added to some free software that you installed. In the case of the latter, you need to make sure you pay closer attention to how you install free software. You must have missed BetterTab virus being added and that happened because you used Default settings during installation. Those settings do not show you any extra offers and by proceeding with them, you would be authorizing extra offers to install. What you should do is use Advanced or Custom settings. Those settings will allow you to see what has been added and all you would need to do is uncheck the boxes that appear there. The choice is up to you, but if you did not willingly install the extension, we suggest you remove BetterTab virus.
Why uninstall BetterTab virus?
If the extension just suddenly appeared on your Google Chrome browser, you might be surprised and wonder what is going on. The hijackers has taken over your browser and has changed settings. You will have a different homepage and new tabs. You will also not be able to change back the settings because the hijacker will just keep changing them over and over again. In order to alter them permanently you’d need to first delete BetterTab virus. The extension is not malicious but it does force you to use a different search engine, which not all users might be happy with. The thing with dubious search engines is that they sometimes insert sponsored content into the results so that they could redirect you to those sponsored sites. And those websites are not always safe. You could end up with some kind of malware. While this add-on is not a virus nor is it malicious, it is better if you do not have such questionable programs on your computer. Remove BetterTab virus.
BetterTab virus removal
You shouldn’t have any problems when it comes to BetterTab virus removal. Just uninstall BetterTab virus as you would any other programs. If you are not sure how to do this, use the provided guide below this article. You can also erase BetterTab virus using anti-spyware software. In the end, the choice is yours.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove BetterTab virusUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall BetterTab virus. Trial version of SpyHunter provides detection of computer threats like BetterTab virus and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall BetterTab virus and related programs.
Remove BetterTab virus from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall BetterTab virus from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete BetterTab virus from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove BetterTab virus from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for BetterTab virus or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete BetterTab virus from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase BetterTab virus from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove BetterTab virus from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall BetterTab virus from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable BetterTab virus and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.