What is Bit-search.com?
Bit-search.com is advertised as a search engine aimed to provide you with the ultimate search experience. In reality, however, it is nothing but a yet another browser hijacker that will flood you with commercial data. The hijacker belongs to Babylon Ltd and is compatible with all major web browsers including Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, and more. It not only alters your browser settings, but it also disrupts your online surfing by showing you pop-ups, banners, and other ads and redirecting you to unfamiliar pages. We suggest that you terminate Bit-search.com as soon as you can and thus get rid of these unwanted symptoms.
How does Bit-search.com work?
The hijacker switches your home page and default search provider to Bit-search.com right after it gets access to your system. The website itself contains a search box with Web and Games parameters and several suspicious links that may lead you to unreliable pages. These links are sponsored by Earnify and presented as links to articles, however, the topics of these articles are clearly click bait. You should not interact with them. The same can be stated about your new search engine. It will reroute you to Search.smartshopping.com and show you sponsored links.
As you already know, the purpose of the hijacker is to boost online traffic by promoting its sponsors. That is why in addition to altering your preferences, it will also add commercial data to various pages regardless of their content. It will also cause redirects. You should know that not all ads shown to you can be trusted. Some of the advertisements are completely fake and if you click on them, you will end up on corrupted pages. If you do not wish to risk your computer and personal data safety, you should eliminate Bit-search.com from your browsers without hesitation.
How to remove Bit-search.com?
There are two options you can choose from, if you want to get rid of Bit-search.com. You can delete Bit-search.com manually by uninstalling the application with which the hijacker got installed onto your PC and restoring your web browser settings. In case you need any help with these tasks, you can follow the instructions presented in the manual removal guide below the article. Alternative solution is to erase Bit-search.com automatically. If you download the anti-malware utility from our page, it will scan your system and detect all potential issues. It will then remove Bit-search.com and other threats. You will also be making sure that your computer stays protected in the future from other infections you may catch online.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Bit-Search.comUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Bit-Search.com. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Bit-Search.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
How Kaspersky Lab Works? Without a doubt, Kaspersky is one of the top anti-viruses available at the moment. According to computer experts, the software is currently the best at locating and destroyin ...
Step 1. Uninstall Bit-Search.com and related programs.
Remove Bit-Search.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Bit-Search.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Bit-Search.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Bit-Search.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Bit-Search.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Bit-Search.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Bit-Search.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Bit-Search.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Bit-Search.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Bit-Search.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.