About this infection
Bitmotion Tab is a questionable browser extension and a hijacker that you could have obtained when installing freeware. If you carelessly install free programs, it would not be surprising if you regularly end up with all kinds of unwanted programs. They are not malicious but should not be allowed to remain on your computer because they could lead to trouble.
The hijacker will alter your browser’s settings and set its domain as your homepage and new tabs, as well as try to redirect you to sponsored sites. Those redirects are not only annoying but they also could be damaging to your computer. So while the hijacker itself is not malicious, the redirects could bring about malware. If you want to ensure that your computer is safe, make sure you delete Bitmotion Tab. And read the following paragraph carefully so that you can avoid these kinds of infections in the future.
How do hijackers spread?
Browser hijackers come together with freeware as extra offers. They are optional but if you do not want them, you need to manually deselect them. Fortunately, this can easily be done. Access Advanced or Custom settings when setting up freeware and uncheck all the boxes that become visible there. Make sure you deselect all extra offers because otherwise you will end up having to remove Bitmotion Tab or similar again. Refrain from using Default settings because those settings will not show you anything.
Should you uninstall Bitmotion Tab?
Users who did not choose to obtain this extension will be surprised to see that it will change browser’s settings. It will take over Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer, and make its domain your homepage and new tabs. These changes are carried out without permission and you will be unable to alter them back unless you first delete Bitmotion Tab from the computer. Your default search engine will also be changed. Whenever you perform a search, whether it’s through browser address bar or the provided search engine, you will be redirected to bitmotion-tab.com. Be careful if you choose to engage with the search engine because you will be exposed to loads of sponsored content. Redirecting you to sponsored sites is how hijackers make money so that’s why you may be seeing so many of those weird results. You should also know that hijackers can lead users to malicious content. You could be accidentally led to a malware-ridden website and some kind of malicious software could invade your computer without you even realizing it. We do not think you should put up with it. Remove Bitmotion Tab.
Bitmotion Tab removal
You should be able to uninstall Bitmotion Tab manually and instructions to help you will be provided below this article. If you do struggle, however, obtain professional anti-spyware software and use it to take care of Bitmotion Tab removal. Ensure that the hijacker is completely gone and that it cannot renew itself.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Bitmotion TabUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Bitmotion Tab. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Bitmotion Tab and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Plumbytes is a reliable security software that can provide you with a rich set of beneficial features. It belongs to a UK-based company called Plumbytes Software, LP. The application functions as a ma ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Bitmotion Tab and related programs.
Remove Bitmotion Tab from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Bitmotion Tab from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Bitmotion Tab from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Bitmotion Tab from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Bitmotion Tab or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Bitmotion Tab from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Bitmotion Tab from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Bitmotion Tab from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Bitmotion Tab from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Bitmotion Tab and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.