BoBrowser Removal Instructions (Delete BoBrowser)
BoBrowser is a potentially unwanted program (PUP) and a browser hijacker that offers its users a variety of advantages regarding their browsing experience. But don’t get deceived! This is a common trick used by PUPs. They pretend being useful while silently doing malicious deeds. This particular application boasts to help you browse and download content faster, provide you with an anti-virus program, and protect your personal information.
Unfortunately, all this is not worth the risk that the program causes. The application is created by ClaraLabSoftware on the Chromium engine. The browser hijacker travels in software bundles and brings other malicious threats alongside. This means that you will not only need to remove BoBrowser from your PC, but also a bunch of other PUPs that are completely useless.
Why is BoBrowser dangerous to my PC?
Despite its previously described advantages, BoBrowser is a really annoying application to have. Firstly, it looks almost like Google Chrome, that’s why some users may think that this is a legitimate search engine. However, despite looking like Chrome, it can hijack all browsers, including Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer. Your web browser will be changed without your consent. The hijacker will modify your system settings so that it would be launched each time you turn on your PC. The most threatening thing related to BoBrowser is the third-party advertisements. You will be flooded with them, and this causes a high risk of clicking on a banner or pop-up. The ads can redirect you to various sites that may not be related to shopping. Some of the pages can be corrupted and this means that you may get infected with viruses, Trojans, malware, and adware. What is more, your browsing will be observed by the PUP: all your search queries, browsing history, language, etc. will help the program display even more ads that are related to your activities. Remember that the ads might be not safe, and delete BoBrowser as soon as you can.
How did I get infected with BoBrowser?
This browser hijacker rarely travels alone. You most likely have many other PUPs on your computer, for example, MySafeProxy, MyPCBackup, or SpeedChecker. It is possible to download BoBrowser from its official website, but, in many cases, users report having acquired the malicious hijacker via software bundles. This means that downloading freeware and shareware from third-party pages is unsafe: many infections happen this way. Do not worry – you can usually prevent PUPs from installation by choosing Advanced or Custom installation settings and scanning your PC regularly.
How to safely remove BoBrowser?
A legitimate spyware removal tool will uninstall BoBrowser and other potentially unwanted programs easily. Of course, it is also possible to delete the program via Control Panel. However, our security experts recommend automatic BoBrowser removal because it is far safer. You may not notice all the other dangerous applications, but a good security tool will do this easily and will guarantee your future safety.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove BoBrowserUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall BoBrowser. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like BoBrowser and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Plumbytes is a reliable security software that can provide you with a rich set of beneficial features. It belongs to a UK-based company called Plumbytes Software, LP. The application functions as a ma ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall BoBrowser and related programs.
Remove BoBrowser from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall BoBrowser from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete BoBrowser from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove BoBrowser from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for BoBrowser or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete BoBrowser from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase BoBrowser from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove BoBrowser from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall BoBrowser from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable BoBrowser and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.