What is BrightBrowse.com?
BrightBrowse.com might look like a simple search engine, but the truth is that it works as a browser hijacker, so if you ever notice its presence, you should immediately eliminate it from your browsers. Unfortunately, you will have to fix all the browsers installed on your computer because this infection will set itself on all the browsers, including such popular ones as Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, and Mozilla Firefox.
We understand that you might find it difficult to remove BrightBrowse.com from browsers, especially if you have encountered this threat for the first time, so we will talk about the BrightBrowse.com removal in this article. You will also find out more information about the BrightBrowse.com browser hijacker itself and what to expect from it.
What does BrightBrowse.com do?
As you know, BrightBrowse.com is a browser hijacker. The primary aim of these threats is to apply changes on browsers and then generate traffic to third-party websites. In order to increase the traffic rate of different websites, BrightBrowse.com will place advertisements and links leading to those websites among the legitimate search results. Of course, users will not notice that search results presented for them are not reliable and thus will click on them. After doing that, they will be immediately taken to a third-party website. Unfortunately, not all the websites promoted are trustworthy, so you might even be taken to a corrupted third-party website as well. Yes, you might quickly cause harm to your PC if you keep BrightBrowse.com and use it to search for the information on the web. Moreover, malware experts have managed to find out that such untrustworthy search engines might also gather information about users. BrightBrowse.com is, of course, mainly interested in users’ search queries because ads and sponsored links this browser hijacker provides users with are based on the information about the entered search keyword.
How is BrightBrowse.com browser hijacker spread?
Hundreds of different browser hijackers exist; however, they are all spread in a very similar way. According to malware experts, they usually travel in software bundles together with other applications, which explains why users do not notice when they sneak onto computers. As you already know, there is a number of other threats on the web, so you have to be very careful in the future. First of all, we suggest installing a security tool on the system and keeping it there all the time. Secondly, you should download programs from reliable sources only. If you do as we say, we are sure that you will not need to delete BrightBrowse.com or another infection ever again.
How can I uninstall BrightBrowse.com browser hijacker from my PC?
There are two ways to delete BrightBrowse.com browser hijacker. You can either go for the automatic BrightBrowse.com removal or try to remove BrightBrowse.com yourself. Inexperienced users should definitely erase this threat automatically; however, if you are going to eliminate this infection manually, you will have to erase it from Control Panel first and then delete its extensions from all the browsers.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove BrightBrowse.comUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall BrightBrowse.com. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like BrightBrowse.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Step 1. Uninstall BrightBrowse.com and related programs.
Remove BrightBrowse.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall BrightBrowse.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete BrightBrowse.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove BrightBrowse.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for BrightBrowse.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete BrightBrowse.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase BrightBrowse.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove BrightBrowse.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall BrightBrowse.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable BrightBrowse.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.