What is Browserhunt.com?
Browserhunt.com is classified as a browser hijacker, because it alters your browser settings upon arrival. The hijacker affects all well-known web browsers including Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and others. In addition to changing your preferences, it also causes other modifications like adding commercial data to your visited sites, redirecting you to unfamiliar domains, tracking your cookies, and more. The main goal of the hijacker is to earn revenue for its creators, which it achieves by exposing you to advertising content. We recommend that you waste no time and eliminate Browserhunt.com from your browsers.
How does Browserhunt.com work?
The hijacker replaces your home page and default search provider with Browserhunt.com as soon as it enters your PC. This page does not look suspicious at all. It presents you with nothing but a search box. If you make use of it, you get rerouted to Search.yahoo.com. However, you will see the Safe Finder logo on the page, which means that the results shown to you include sponsored links by Safe Finder. This is not a trustworthy program and you should not interact with its content. In order to go back to your original search tools, you will have to get rid of Browserhunt.com.
After the hijacker takes over your browsers, it starts taking other unwanted actions like flooding you with ads. Banners, coupons, pop-up, links, and other ads will appear on all pages that you visit. You may also get redirected to its sponsor websites. Moreover, the hijacker is known to employ tracking cookies, which collect such information about the user as visited websites, clicked ads, searched terms, etc. This data is used for creating personalized ads. It is important that you keep in mind that none of the adverts shown to you are endorsed by the hijacker. They could be fake and clicking on them could lead you to corrupted sites. If you wish to better your online safety level, you should terminate Browserhunt.com as soon as you can.
How to remove Browserhunt.com?
There are two methods you can choose from, when it comes to Browserhunt.com removal. You can eliminate the hijacker manually or automatically. If you choose manual removal option, you will have to uninstall its related app and restore your browser settings. More detailed instructions on how to erase Browserhunt.com manually are presented below this article and you are welcome to use them. If, on the other hand, you decide to remove Browserhunt.com automatically, you will need an anti-malware tool. You can acquire it on our website. The utility will scan and clean your computer. Moreover, it will provide your system with online protection in real time, so that you can surf the Web safely from now on.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Browserhunt.comUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Browserhunt.com. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Browserhunt.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Plumbytes is a reliable security software that can provide you with a rich set of beneficial features. It belongs to a UK-based company called Plumbytes Software, LP. The application functions as a ma ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Browserhunt.com and related programs.
Remove Browserhunt.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Browserhunt.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Browserhunt.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Browserhunt.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Browserhunt.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Browserhunt.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Browserhunt.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Browserhunt.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Browserhunt.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Browserhunt.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
Incoming search terms:
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.