About BrowserMe virus
BrowserMe virus is a Trojan that will expose you to huge amounts of advertisements. It aims to make income by loading ads all the time. You might not even notice that it has infected your computer if you do not have anti-malware software on your computer. It will slow down your computer and generate pop-ups, banners and other kinds of ads. You can see its presence in Windows Task Manager under the name Chrome.exe so if you have suspicions about this Trojan being on your computer, check there. It uses a rather unusual spread method, which will be explained in detail later on in this report. As soon as you become suspicious about a possible infection, you need to scan your computer with a reliable scanner and delete BrowserMe virus it is found.
What does BrowserMe virus do?
You are essentially tricked into installing this Trojan. If you are using the Google Chrome browser and visit certain compromised websites, the text in the page will be distorted. A pop-up will then appear and claim that ‘The “HoeflerText” font wasn’t found’ and the page cannot be displayed correctly. You are suggested to download an update that would fix the issue. By choosing to update, you are downloading the Trojan. Never download anything from dubious pop-ups without first making sure it safe. A simple search of ‘The “HoeflerText” font wasn’t found’ would have revealed you should not download anything it recommends. Had you done this, you would not need to uninstall BrowserMe virus now.
BrowserMe virus will start generating adverts as soon as it enters your computer. It should be noted that it only affects the Google Chrome browser. Banners, pop-ups, etc, will start appearing on your browser. This Trojan aims to generate income from advertisements and uses you to do it. And you might not even know. It can go unnoticed for a long time if you have no anti-malware software installed. However, you can check in Task Manager. Close Google Chrome browser and open Task Manager. If this Trojan is on your computer, you will see multiple chrome.exe, browserMe,exe or Chrome_Font.exe processes running. These processes will slow down your computer and your browser. As soon as you remove BrowserMe virus, you can return to relatively ad-free browsing.
BrowserMe virus removal
You will need to obtain anti-malware software to uninstall BrowserMe virus. If this Trojan is found, delete BrowserMe virus. We will also provide instructions to help you remove BrowserMe virus. Manual BrowserMe virus removal is not recommended as you could end up damaging your computer. You need to make sure you erase BrowserMe virus fully because only then can you go back to usual computer use.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove BrowserMe virusUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall BrowserMe virus. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like BrowserMe virus and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall BrowserMe virus and related programs.
Remove BrowserMe virus from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall BrowserMe virus from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete BrowserMe virus from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove BrowserMe virus from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for BrowserMe virus or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete BrowserMe virus from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase BrowserMe virus from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove BrowserMe virus from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall BrowserMe virus from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable BrowserMe virus and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.