What is BuyTheApp?
BuyTheApp is an adware application that can randomize its name. It was created using Justplugit engine, which makes it similar to Smartones, RightCoupon, DigiSaver, KingCoupon, ShopMoreApp, LionSales, and other software based on the same engine. The program gets distributed via Installrex, Amonetize and Vittalia installers. These installers are used on various torrent and p2p websites. You make use of them by clicking on fake adverts that promote useful software. The ad-supported application is not beneficial in any way. All it does is disrupt your browsing by flooding you with commercial ads. We suggest that you get rid of BuyTheApp without hesitation.
How does BuyTheApp work?
BuyTheApp works like any other adware. It floods you with pop-ups, banners, interstitial ads, video and audio commercials, and so on. In addition to slowing down your Internet surfing, the application also exposes you to unreliable commercial data. The adverts presented to you are not reviewed by anyone, so they could be fake. Fake ads will lead you to corrupted pages, where you could infect your computer with malware or suffer from a different virtual scam. You should not risk your system’s safety in such a way. What you should do is terminate BuyTheApp as soon as possible.
If you want to make sure that you never have to deal with similar programs in the future, you should know how you acquired BuyTheApp in the first place. The reason you may not have noticed installing it is because ad-supported programs are often attached to other freeware. They appear in the installation wizards as additional offers, however, they are usually not presented in a clean manner. You can easily miss these offers, and if you do, you unwittingly agree to them. To avoid that, we suggest that you always choose Advanced installation mode, pay attention to Terms and Conditions and decline all additional offers.
How to remove BuyTheApp?
You can delete BuyTheApp manually or automatically. If you choose to go with manual BuyTheApp removal, you will have to uninstall BuyTheApp from your computer via Control Panel. The uninstaller should eliminate BuyTheApp from Internet Explorer, but you will have to manually remove its extensions from Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome. Instructions below can help you with these tasks. If, on the other hand, you decide to choose the more reliable solution and erase BuyTheApp automatically, you can download the anti-malware tool from our page and use it to clean your system. The software also functions as a malware prevention measure, so it will keep your computer safe and protected in the future.
Step 1. Uninstall BuyTheApp and related programs.
Remove BuyTheApp from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall BuyTheApp from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete BuyTheApp from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove BuyTheApp from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for BuyTheApp or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete BuyTheApp from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase BuyTheApp from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove BuyTheApp from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall BuyTheApp from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable BuyTheApp and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove BuyTheAppUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall BuyTheApp. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like BuyTheApp and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
How Kaspersky Lab Works? Without a doubt, Kaspersky is one of the top anti-viruses available at the moment. According to computer experts, the software is currently the best at locating and destroyin ...
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.