What is Capacostarica?
Capacostarica, also known as Capacostarica.com, is a questionable webpage that might replace homepages without permission on all the browsers, including Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, and Mozilla Firefox. If you already see that Capacostarica has appeared in the place of your homepage, there is no doubt that a browser hijacker has managed to slither onto the computer. Even though Capacostarica itself looks quite decent, there is still a huge possibility that it will cause harm to your system one day. Therefore, it is advisable to remove Capacostarica as soon as possible and then set another homepage. You should read this article carefully if you do not know how to do that because we are going to explain the entire removal process in the article.
How does Capacostarica act?
As Capacostarica is a part of a browser hijacker infection, it will replace your homepage without your permission. The web page itself looks quite beneficial because it provides links to various articles; however, its presence might still be annoying for the majority of users because they will not see their regular homepages anymore. What is more, it is known that Capacostarica might collect information about users and then sell it to third parties. In fact, this is one of those reasons why it is better to uninstall Capacostarica as soon as possible. As has been observed, this webpage is going to record all kinds of details about users’ activities on the web. It might even collect personal data about users because it needs to present them with relevant articles and other content. You can stop this by removing Capacostarica from your system. In fact, this is the only way to do that, so make sure that you delete Capacostarica as soon as you can.
How did Capacostarica enter my system?
As we have already mentioned for you, Capacostarica is a part of a browser hijacker infection, so there is no doubt that this threat sneaks onto computers without permission. It is very likely that it has appeared on your PC because you have downloaded an untrustworthy program or clicked on a bad link. Another reason why this has happened is because you have opened an infected attachment from a spam email. Last but not least, it might have entered because you have other malicious applications installed and they have downloaded Capacostarica on your PC. To protect your PC from other infections, you should stay away from unreliable third-party web pages. Another thing that you can do is to install a security tool on your PC.
How to delete Capacostarica from my browsers?
Even though Capacostarica is not a very bad webpage, it is still advisable to get rid of it because it will not allow you to set another homepage. You can implement the Capacostarica removal by resetting all your browsers one by one or removing extensions. Another way to remove Capacostarica is to scan the system with an automatic tool. If you want to successfully implement the Capacostarica removal, acquire a 100% reliable tool!
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove CapacostaricaUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Capacostarica. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Capacostarica and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Plumbytes is a reliable security software that can provide you with a rich set of beneficial features. It belongs to a UK-based company called Plumbytes Software, LP. The application functions as a ma ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Capacostarica and related programs.
Remove Capacostarica from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Capacostarica from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Capacostarica from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Capacostarica from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Capacostarica or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Capacostarica from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Capacostarica from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Capacostarica from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Capacostarica from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Capacostarica and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.