What is CatHomepage Toolbar?
CatHomepage Toolbar is listed as a potentially unwanted program that has been created by Mindspark Interactive Network, Inc. Mindspark Interactive Network, Inc company has developed SmileyCentral, Soccer Inferno,Suddenly Music,Television Fanatic, and other questionable applications. All of the previously mentioned programs are developed in order to fill your computer with ad-supported extensions. Most of these tools are completely useless and can even harm your virtual machine. Therefore, you should think about CatHomepage Toolbar removal as soon as possible. The good news is that our research team is ready to help you delete CatHomepage Toolbar once and for all. The bad news is that if you do not remove CatHomepage Toolbar immediately, soon enough other annoying infections may reach your electronic device as well.
How exactly does CatHomepage Toolbar infection work?
CatHomepage Toolbar can be installed by the users themselves. However, CatHomepage Toolbar usually finds your computer with the help of software bundles. You can still stop the application from entering your computer in the installation wizard. You will only need to deselect the unwanted program in the advanced or custom installation settings. Nevertheless, if the unwanted application has found your computer without your clear consent, you should definitely take care of CatHomepage Toolbar removal as soon as possible.
Why do I need to delete CatHomepage Toolbar application?
CatHomepage Toolbar may seem as a useful program to some of the computer users. As you probably understand from the title, CatHomepage Toolbar can be liked by the cat lovers. CatHomepage Toolbar provides the possibility to enjoy of various car photos that can be changed into the users start page wallpapers. These cats may seem cute and fabulous; however, this simple browser extension can bring a lot of troubles to your computer. Once installed, CatHomepage Toolbar will start making modifications to the web browsers’ settings. Your Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Internet Explorer will soon have a new homepage and add-ons. The homepage usually leads to Hp.myway.com/cathomepage/ttab02/index.html. Thus, if you have noticed this page on your internet browser, you should remove CatHomepage Toolbar ASAP. CatHomepage Toolbar performs such changes without asking for the users’ permissions. This is not how a reputable application acts. In addition, CatHomepage Toolbar may also redirect you to many questionable pages. For example, you will be visiting questionable online shops. In addition to that, your search machine will be changed to Int.search.myway.com. This is not a trustworthy search engine and you may end up exploring the very dark side of the World Wide Web. Therefore, you should protect your computer’s security and delete CatHomepage Toolbar without any feeling of guilt.
How to remove CatHomepage Toolbar?
The best way to delete CatHomepage Toolbar infection is to implement a powerful antivirus tool. The reputable malware removal tool will not waste any of your precious time and uninstall CatHomepage Toolbar automatically. On top of that, the antispyware program will be able to ensure your computer’s security in the future.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove CatHomepage ToolbarUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall CatHomepage Toolbar. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like CatHomepage Toolbar and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Step 1. Uninstall CatHomepage Toolbar and related programs.
Remove CatHomepage Toolbar from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall CatHomepage Toolbar from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete CatHomepage Toolbar from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove CatHomepage Toolbar from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for CatHomepage Toolbar or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete CatHomepage Toolbar from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase CatHomepage Toolbar from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove CatHomepage Toolbar from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall CatHomepage Toolbar from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable CatHomepage Toolbar and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.