Cerber Virus Removal Guide
Cerber Virus is a ransomware application that corrupts your files and demands that you pay a ransom for them. It affects various types of files including photos, videos, documents, and so on. The malicious program spreads online using a variety of deceitful tricks and usually infiltrates system without users’ notice.
It may appear in the form of a spam email with a malign attachment, fake advert, corrupted link, malicious software bundle, and so on. It is important to stay cautious online, if you do not wish to deal with the cyber criminals. As for now, we advise that you terminate Cerber Virus without hesitation.
How does Cerber Virus work?
Cerber Virus is not the only harmful program of this type. There are plenty of similar apps that spread online and attempt to make money off of computer users. That is why it is imperative to stay cautious while browsing the Web. You should stay away from unfamiliar and suspicious websites, because simply visiting them could result in unwanted consequences. It is also a good idea to have a reputable anti-malware tool protecting your PC.
If you were unfortunate enough to get infected with this malware, you already know how it works. It encrypts your data files and adds the .cerber extension to them. It also creates files containing decryption instructions. These instructions state that in order to recover your files, you have to pay 1.25 Bitcoins (currently about $670). They also threaten to double the amount, if you do not pay it within a week. Unfortunately, there is no certain way to recover your data. You cannot trust the cyber crooks, because they can easily trick you, so you may lose not only your files, but your money as well. That is why we advise that you try other decryption methods and delete Cerber Virus for good.
How to remove Cerber Virus?
The only way to eliminate Cerber Virus from your computer is by using a malware prevention and removal utility. You can download the security software from our page and use it to scan your PC and uninstall Cerber Virus. The anti-malware will also stay useful in the future as it can not only remove Cerber Virus along with other threats from your computer, but also keep it shielded from various infections you may encounter online. After you delete Cerber Virus, you can try restoring your data. You can use file-recovery tools like R-Studio, Kaspersky virus-fighting utilities, and others. You may also try using the Windows Previous Versions feature or recovering your files from backup, if you have one.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Cerber Ransomware VirusUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Cerber Ransomware Virus. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Cerber Ransomware Virus and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
How Kaspersky Lab Works? Without a doubt, Kaspersky is one of the top anti-viruses available at the moment. According to computer experts, the software is currently the best at locating and destroyin ...
Step 1. Uninstall Cerber Ransomware Virus and related programs.
Remove Cerber Ransomware Virus from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Cerber Ransomware Virus from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Cerber Ransomware Virus from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Cerber Ransomware Virus from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Cerber Ransomware Virus or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Cerber Ransomware Virus from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Cerber Ransomware Virus from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Cerber Ransomware Virus from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Cerber Ransomware Virus from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Cerber Ransomware Virus and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
Incoming search terms:
- CerberRansomware decrypt
- cerber ransomware removal free
- cerber ransomware removal xp
- how to delete cerber virus
- how to remove cerber ransomware virus
- Remove Cerber Virus Windows 7
- software to remove cerber ransomware virus
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.