Cerber Ransomware Removal Instructions (Uninstall Cerber Ransomware)
Cerber Ransomware is a malign infection that aims at extorting money from computer users. It can infiltrate any Windows system through a spam email attachment, fake ad, corrupted page, etc. Once inside, the parasite encrypts your personal files without your notice and then shows itself by demanding that you pay a ransom for your data.
Although it may seem like the only solution, it is certainly not a good idea to pay the cyber crooks. There is no way to be sure that they will actually decrypt your files. We suggest that you do not waste your money and delete Cerber Ransomware as soon as you can.
As it has already been mentioned, Cerber Ransomware uses various deceptive tricks in order to spread online. It can enter your system in a variety of ways without you even noticing it, which is why you should always be careful when surfing the Web and especially when downloading files onto your PC. Once the threat gets access to your system, it starts the encryption process. The ransomware uses two types of encryption: Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) to encrypt the files and RSA system to encrypt the decryption key. The parasite can corrupt documents, photos, videos, databases, and other types of files. All encrypted files have the “.cerber” added to their extensions and you can no longer access them.
The malicious program creates several files named # DECRYPT MY FILES # in order to provide the user with instructions on how to decrypt the data. These instructions include you having to download and install TOR browser and opening a website, which explains how you can purchase the decryption key. The price of the key is usually 1.24 Bitcoins (which is about 520 USD). The cyber crooks also threaten to double the price, if you do not pay the ransom in 7 days. We urge you not to do that, and, instead, eliminate Cerber Ransomware from your PC right away.
How to remove Cerber Ransomware?
There is no question that you need to delete Cerber Ransomware. That, however, will not automatically restore your files. If you have backup, you can retrieve your data without any difficulty. If not, you may want to use Shadow Copies feature or implement one of the file decryption tools available online. Before you do any of that, however, you need to remove Cerber Ransomware. The safest way to do that is by implementing a malware removal tool. You can download the utility from our page. It will scan your system, detect all components of the infection, and terminate Cerber Ransomware. In addition to Cerber Ransomware removal, you will also make sure that your PC stays safeguarded from other Internet-based threats you may encounter.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Cerber RansomwareUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Cerber Ransomware. Trial version of SpyHunter provides detection of computer threats like Cerber Ransomware and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
What is Bitdefender Antivirus Software? Bitdefender is an anti-virus application that provides advanced protection against Internet-based threats. You can choose between Bitdefender Anti-Virus Plus, ...
How Kaspersky Lab Works? Without a doubt, Kaspersky is one of the top anti-viruses available at the moment. According to computer experts, the software is currently the best at locating and destroyin ...
Step 1. Uninstall Cerber Ransomware and related programs.
Remove Cerber Ransomware from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Cerber Ransomware from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Cerber Ransomware from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Cerber Ransomware from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Cerber Ransomware or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Cerber Ransomware from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Cerber Ransomware from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Cerber Ransomware from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Cerber Ransomware from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Cerber Ransomware and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
Incoming search terms:
- cerber virus
- how to remove cerber ransomware
- cerber virus removal
- ransom cerber
- remove cerber
- online CerberRansomware removal tool
- does norton remove cerber malware
- cerber virus tool
- tool to remove cerber ransom
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.