About this hijacker
Chromesearch.info is a browser hijacker website that may be set as your homepage/new tabs. If the hijacker infects your computer, your browser’s settings will be changed so that it’s easier to redirect you to sponsored sites, which is what their main intention is. All users notice these performed changes but not all of them react. Some may think nothing of it and just continue as usual. However, that would be a mistake, as while hijackers are not serious infections, they still pose certain threat to your computer.
They aim to redirect to certain sites because their owners are employing the hijackers to generate traffic for their sites. The biggest problem with this is that those redirects do not always lead to safe websites. If you ended up on a malicious one, you could pick up malware, and it would be a bigger problem compared to this. The search engine, which is used to redirect you, does not provide any superior results, nor does it do anything special, so there is no reason to use it if you suddenly find it inhabiting your computer. If you are wondering how you picked up the infection in the first place, it was attached to freeware as an extra offer, and you failed to deselect it. We will explain how to do this, and how to delete Chromesearch.info, in the following paragraphs.
Hijacker spread methods
Browser hijackers are usually attached to freeware as extra offers, and you need to deselect them. A lot of users do not do this simply because they are either not aware of their existence, or they don’t notice them during installation. When those items go unnoticed, they are allowed to install. If you want to prevent these unwanted installations, make sure you pay attention to program installation processes, and always use Advanced or Custom settings. Those settings will make added offers visible, and you will be able to deselect them. All you need to do is uncheck a couple of boxes, and afterwards you can continue installing the freeware. Do not use Default (Basic or Quick) settings because they will not make the offers visible, and are the reason you ended up with a hijacker in the first place.
Why remove Chromesearch.info?
As soon as the hijacker installs, your browser’s settings will be changed. You will have a new homepage/new tabs, and it could affect all browsers you have installed, including Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. Like we said, some users ignore those changes and continue on as usual, maybe even using the dubious website. It’s not recommended to do that because first of all, it set itself as your homepage without permission. Second, it will try to redirect you to sponsored websites. The provided search engine on the site could be inserting links to those sites, concealing them as legitimate results, and you might accidentally press on them. It becomes obvious that something’s not right pretty quickly because the site will have little to do with what you were searching for. Some of those results could also lead to malicious sites, where you might obtain malware. Some hijackers are also known to track users, collecting information about their activities, and what they would be interested in. That data could be sold to advertising parties. There is no reason why you should put up with what the hijacker has done to your browsers. So proceed to the last paragraph, and get rid of the infection.
When it comes to hijackers, it’s important that you get rid of the fully. Otherwise, they will comeback again. There are two ways you can do this, manually and automatically. If you pick the former, you will have to take care of everything yourself, but you can find instructions to help you below this article.
If you feel that it’s too difficult, you can obtain anti-spyware software and uninstall Chromesearch.info automatically. The program would locate the infection for you and make sure to eliminate all its components. After the hijacker is gone completely, change your browser’s settings back to normal.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Chromesearch.infoUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Chromesearch.info. Trial version of SpyHunter provides detection of computer threats like Chromesearch.info and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Chromesearch.info and related programs.
Remove Chromesearch.info from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Chromesearch.info from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Chromesearch.info from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Chromesearch.info from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Chromesearch.info or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Chromesearch.info from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Chromesearch.info from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Chromesearch.info from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Chromesearch.info from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Chromesearch.info and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
Incoming search terms:
- chromesearch club eliminar viruus
- https://chromesearch win/search/?q=%s&uid=qTNKGCjcgxx8Xem7udRhYm0OLzagsYdeK8sYkVc6vZWiuO/CrkHIFqThoJ98noU62xjPWzYfHfB4UmZHtAYDo2o3xinX&pid=fob
- https://chromesearch win/search/?q=%s&uid=qTMwGCjMgxxsXc/aIjse3CZ5u5W4jpmYh/kNlFc6vWUXWC7bjR39H0jboiaHU1LPTPRrinAKhHVXBnYZibRO/hzoQ7rv&pid=fob
- https://chromesearch club/search/?q=%s&uid=sTNKGCjMh1l9XauKtA6DzYJqWSf+I1n0Eac8kTwT6an0IJEBcEqJaNVL0pXhjtjDfc2DMRd0KxebU6BGChYZtPtXU7YVPA==&pid=fob
- https://chromesearch club/search/?q=%s&uid=sTMwGCjMgxl9Xc/aonJr7Iws+iS8Af1ePr7a4P1k5TJ2svvVMiWKnH+DFDfaY9Xb2LQu5rZPgDOuEZ5EZR5s/hW+rbrv&pid=fob
- https://chromesearch club/search/?q=%s&uid=qTNKGGjch1l9XatWMoST/RKCxoXRI9JeE9kckQNrRrPKNH9xxBZzYiJjiuiBBqR0QVhr72AAxrtQ05/uNGJKDZLpqdrnSDQn&pid=fob
- https://chromesearch club/search/?q=%s&uid=qTNKGCjMhxx8XauK9JTYSXPJUSf+I1n0Uf3+84sDqoPEsHqI0EHcFuXu0G5mPXL81oQt3X/bYvpGcJ8BvTVURPsiNag=&pid=fob
- https://chromesearch club/search/?q=%s&uid=qTMwGCjMgxxsXc/aIhlrWHo+0+y8BIXtUrQYy56uz6HmWCbbhdcjGtrYH9i8mSUKchjRn1qq9/56nq3YkGMUTPsiOqg=&pid=fob
- chromesearch net
- https://chromesearch win/search/?q=%s&uid=sTPKGyjcgxx9u+dQo0xsCMQTDtO6SqjvBzsY5IvyBqLCcagdGal9CHfMcl/xiFHS44W8LtehbxYBYoLczDlBzzNAGP0HOw==&pid=fob
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.