What is ChromeWebStore extension?
It might seem that ChromeWebStore extension is a legitimate Google Chrome extension at first, but it is not, malware experts say. They say that this browser extension differs from ordinary browser extensions in a sense that it is usually not installed on users’ computers from the Chrome Web Store.
Instead, it is usually installed on their PCs via the .exe file, the so-called executable file, which immediately makes it a suspicious browser extension. Of course, there are more reasons the ChromeWebStore extension removal is necessary. You might not agree with us now, but we are sure that you will change your opinion completely after reading this article.
What does ChromeWebStore extension do?
There are several malicious activities ChromeWebStore extension performs on victims’ machines, so it is often called a malicious Google Chrome extension. It is the reason you should go to uninstall ChromeWebStore extension from your system too. If it stays, i.e., you do not do anything to erase it, it will track you every day. It seems that it is interested in what websites users visit. It is unclear why it needs this information and where it is going to be used, so we highly recommend that you disable this extension as soon as possible. What else has been observed is that it disables the extensions’ manager. Since it does not allow users to access it, they cannot manage the installed extensions. Most likely, it does not want to be removed. Last but not least, it might disable all active extensions, malware experts have observed. It will not leave any active extensions, but, needless to say, it will not disable itself. You will need to do this yourself. The only way to disable it is to erase it, so go to implement the ChromeWebStore extension removal today.
Why do I have ChromeWebStore extension installed on my browser?
ChromeWebStore extension is not available at the Chrome Web Store, so there are only two possible reasons you have it active on your computer. First, you could have downloaded it by mistake from the web. Second, it could have been installed on your computer next to third-party software. The latter is usually the reason users find this malicious extension installed on their browsers, i.e., they download software bundles consisting of several components and then install them all on their computers. You can protect your system with an automatic security tool – you just need to install it on your PC.
How do I remove ChromeWebStore extension?
We cannot promise that it will be very easy to delete ChromeWebStore extension because it disables the extensions manager. Of course, it does not mean that it is impossible to disable it. In our opinion, the easiest way to delete ChromeWebStore extension from your Google Chrome browser is to use an anti-malware or anti-spyware scanner. We are sure you will find a ton of various scanners on the web but keep in mind that not all the tools could remove ChromeWebStore extension for you. You need a powerful scanner to get rid of it.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove ChromeWebStore extensionUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall ChromeWebStore extension. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like ChromeWebStore extension and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Plumbytes is a reliable security software that can provide you with a rich set of beneficial features. It belongs to a UK-based company called Plumbytes Software, LP. The application functions as a ma ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall ChromeWebStore extension and related programs.
Remove ChromeWebStore extension from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall ChromeWebStore extension from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete ChromeWebStore extension from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove ChromeWebStore extension from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for ChromeWebStore extension or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete ChromeWebStore extension from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase ChromeWebStore extension from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove ChromeWebStore extension from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall ChromeWebStore extension from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable ChromeWebStore extension and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.