Is this a threat?
Chromium Browser is an open source Google web browser, which Google Chrome is based on. These browsers can be obtained and customized by anyone and that means that someone could create one to show you advertisements or redirect you.
While the design for the logo of Chromium is similar to the one of Google Chrome, the colors are different, which means you will be able to quickly notice that you are not using what you think you are. If you do not recall downloading the browser yourself, it’s possible that it installed via free software bundles. This is a very common spread method when it comes to adware, browser hijacker and other kind of unwanted programs. It’s not a serious infection but because it will expose you to advertisements, it may indirectly lead you to something malicious. We suggest you delete Chromium Browser.
Why remove Chromium Browser?
First of all, it’s important to understand how you managed to obtain the infection in the first place. If you did not install it yourself, it was attached to freeware as an additional offer and you did not notice. Since they are hidden, it’s not surprising that you did not see. To be able to view all added offers, access Advanced or Custom settings during freeware installation, you will also be able to deselect everything. Make sure you uncheck all added offers because they do not belong on your computer. If you did not install it yourself, you need to uninstall Chromium Browser.
You can customize your own Chromium Browser, and that’s why if you installed it yourself, it’s perfectly safe to use it. However, if it appeared out of the blue, it’s probably made to display advertisements and redirect you to sponsored sites. The ads will appear on all sites you go, even when on completely legitimate web pages. And redirects might happen at random times, which is incredibly annoying. This will make browsing very difficult. You also need to be careful of those ads and redirects because they might not always be safe. You could end up clicking on something that could lead to something malicious, like a malware-ridden website. This could lead to a serious malware infection if you are not careful. This is why you ought to not engage with anything you are shown. And delete Chromium Browser.
Chromium Browser removal
It should not be difficult to uninstall Chromium Browser manually and you will see instructions below this article. Chromium Browser removal is also possible automatically, using anti-spyware software that detects the browser as a threat. Make sure you remove Chromium Browser fully, even if it does not pose direct threat.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Chromium BrowserUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Chromium Browser. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Chromium Browser and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Chromium Browser and related programs.
Remove Chromium Browser from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Chromium Browser from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Chromium Browser from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Chromium Browser from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Chromium Browser or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Chromium Browser from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Chromium Browser from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Chromium Browser from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Chromium Browser from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Chromium Browser and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
Incoming search terms:
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.