What is Chromium virus?
Chromium virus is a term used to describe malicious projects that are based on the Chromium browser. Originally, it is a harmless open-source project, but malicious software developers might use it to create malicious browsers. If you have discovered a suspicious browser with a Chromium icon on your computer out of the blue, the chances are high that you have become one of the victims of Chromium virus too.
If it turns out to be true, go to uninstall Chromium virus from your system right away because it will only cause you problems. In the worst-case scenario, your privacy might be violated if you use a malicious browser to browse the web, and, additionally, you might even discover malicious applications on your computer. Luckily, it is not too late to prevent this from happening – go to implement the full Chromium virus removal today. In some cases, Chromium virus can be erased using Control Panel, the chances are high that it will not be enough to do that, so you should start the Chromium virus removal only after you finish reading this article till the end.
How does Chromium virus act?
As you should already know, Chromium virus is a malicious browser based on Chromium, an open-source browser. If you ever discover such a malicious browser on your PC, delete it right away because surfing the Internet using it is a very risky activity. Chromium virus might not only record all kinds of information about you, including various details about your habits and interests, but it might also record some information about your machine. Finally, it might record some personal details too. Do not let it act like this because the recorded data might be used for various fraudulent purposes. Instead, remove Chromium virus without mercy from your computer and start using an ordinary browser, e.g., Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome.
How did Chromium virus enter my computer?
It is still not clear how Chromium virus usually shows up on users’ computers, but there is no doubt that this usually happens without the users’ consent. You could have installed this malicious browser from the web yourself, but it is more likely that it has shown up on your PC without your permission. In most cases, undesirable applications travel in software bundles next to third-party software, so it is not at all surprising that you know nothing about the Chromium virus entrance.
How do I delete Chromium virus?
If you have discovered Chromium virus on your PC, you must remove Chromium virus right away because it will not act beneficially no matter how decent it looks. There are two ways to delete Chromium virus from your computer. If you have some knowledge about computers and/or malware removal, you can remove Chromium virus manually. Undoubtedly, it will not be easy to do this if you are one of those inexperienced users. In such a case, it would be easier for you to delete Chromium virus automatically. You need to have a scanner to do this, so go to install it on your PC the first thing.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Chromium virusUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Chromium virus. Trial version of SpyHunter provides detection of computer threats like Chromium virus and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Chromium virus and related programs.
Remove Chromium virus from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Chromium virus from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Chromium virus from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Chromium virus from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Chromium virus or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Chromium virus from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Chromium virus from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Chromium virus from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Chromium virus from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Chromium virus and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
Incoming search terms:
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.