What is ChromoSearch.com?
ChromoSearch.com is a browser hijacker and a dubious search engine. If you have never heard of a browse hijacker before, it might seem like your computer has been infected with a malicious virus but that is not the case. ChromoSearch.com is not a virus and it will not directly harm your computer. If you’re wondering how it entered your computer, it happened because you carelessly installed free software. While it will not endanger your computer directly, it will cause redirects to sponsored websites and expose you to potentially unsafe content. You could be led to a dangerous website and accidentally download malware onto your computer. This browser hijacker will cause you annoyance, therefore, we suggest you delete ChromoSearch.com.
Why should I remove ChromoSearch.com?
If you have never encountered a browser hijacker before, you might not be aware that it could be attached to free software. This means that unless you manually deselect ChromoSearch.com, it will install along with the freeware. It can happen if you use Default settings because those settings do not show you any added items. To avoid such unwanted installations, you need to get in the habit of choosing Advanced or Custom settings. In those settings you will be able to deselect all added items and then proceed with the freeware installation, worry-free.
Just like any other browser hijacker, it exists to redirect users to sponsored websites. In order to do that, it needs to make changes to your browser. ChromoSearch.com will set its domain as your homepage, new tabs and search engine. The change is made without your knowledge and you might not be able to restore the settings unless you first uninstall ChromoSearch.com from your computer. It seems to be able to hijack Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge. The provided search engine inserts sponsored websites into the search results. This is highly annoying behavior because you will have to go through many useless search results to find something actually relevant. And we suggest you do your best to avoid all sponsored results as you do not know where you will end up. Those websites might not be safe, and ChromoSearch.com is not responsible for any damage your computer might suffer if you enter a dangerous domain. You could end up infecting your computer with malware so be very cautious. If you’re looking for an alternative search engine, ChromoSearch.com is not it. We will provide a ChromoSearch.com removal guide below this article, so follow that to fully remove ChromoSearch.com from your computer.
There are two ways to uninstall ChromoSearch.com. Anti-malware software will be able to fully erase ChromoSearch.com and will do everything for you. If you do not have such a program and are not planning on getting it, you can delete ChromoSearch.com by hand. However, you will need to locate and eliminate ChromoSearch.com related applications yourself. And some users struggle with that.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove ChromoSearch.comUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall ChromoSearch.com. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like ChromoSearch.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall ChromoSearch.com and related programs.
Remove ChromoSearch.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall ChromoSearch.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete ChromoSearch.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove ChromoSearch.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for ChromoSearch.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete ChromoSearch.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase ChromoSearch.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove ChromoSearch.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall ChromoSearch.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable ChromoSearch.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.