About this threat
Clampi is a well-known banking Trojan virus that aims to steal banking information. Trojans are very dangerous pieces of malware and they can perform different tasks, depending on its kind. Some can act as a backdoor for malware to enter, while others will try to get access to your personal information.
This particular threat, also known as Ligats and Ilomo, will try to access your private data and will then send it to its command and control server. It is not a mild threat and you will probably only notice it if you have anti-malware software on your computer. Trojans are difficult to spot for users, especially the ones who are less tech-savvy, so employing anti-malware is essential to keeping your computer, and in turn you, secure. If your security software detects it, delete Clampi at once.
How does it affect my computer?
There are various different ways Trojans can infect a computer. You could end up infected if you open a malicious email attachment, use unreliable sources for downloads or press on infected links. If you want to avoid getting infected with not only Trojans but also ransomware, you need to be careful about how you handle your emails. Never open an attachment without making sure it’s safe. Look into the sender, the contents or any suspicious signs and only when you are 100% safe, should you open the file. We also suggest you stop obtaining programs from unreliable sources because it’s a great way for malware to spread. Only trust legitimate websites to provide secure downloads. You should also be careful about what you press on because a malicious link could lead you to malware. They could be inserted in emails, hide behind adverts, etc, so be careful. It’s easier to be safe than to have to remove Clampi or simialr and deal with the damages.
The Trojan enters without you even noticing, and starts performing its task immediately. It will try to gain access to your online banking details and once it has done that, it will transfer it to it’s command and control server. The Trojan has been around for a while, almost 10 years to be specific, and it does not seem to be infecting many users. But due to the nature of this Trojan, it is considered to be a highly dangerous infection. It could lead to serious financial loss if cyber criminals gain access to your baking details. This is why you need to uninstall Clampi at once.
In order to even spot the Trojan, you will need to obtain anti-malware software. Manual Clampi removal may be too difficult, especially if you are a less-experienced user. This is why it would be best if you downloaded anti-malware and used it to delete Clampi. Make sure that you remove Clampi fully and nothing related to it is left behind.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove ClampiUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Clampi. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Clampi and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
How Kaspersky Lab Works? Without a doubt, Kaspersky is one of the top anti-viruses available at the moment. According to computer experts, the software is currently the best at locating and destroyin ...
Step 1. Uninstall Clampi and related programs.
Remove Clampi from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Clampi from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Clampi from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Clampi from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Clampi or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Clampi from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Clampi from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Clampi from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Clampi from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Clampi and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
Incoming search terms:
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.