About this adware
Clean My Chrome is a Google Chrome extension that is advertised as a Chrome cleaning tool but in reality is adware. Adware is not exactly a malicious infection, and is pretty easily noticeable so you will be able to deal with it rather quickly.
Nevertheless, this infection does perform certain unwanted changes to your browser and bombards your screen with advertisements. Adware aims to make revenue from ads so it wants you to interact with them as much as possible. It will even start collecting information about you and your browsing habits in order to generate more relevant adverts. You either downloaded the supposedly useful tool from the Google Chrome store or it was attached to free software that you installed as an extra offer. This means that you need to be more careful about how you install programs. Make sure you remove Clean My Chrome Virus before it can bring about more serious issues.
Avoiding adware in the future
If you want to avoid getting this infection again, you need to learn how to properly install freeware. Free programs, especially the ones you get from shady sources, usually have some kind of unwanted item attached, like adware or a hijacker. They’re not high-level infections but should not be allowed to remain. In order to prevent them from installing in the first place, always use Advanced or Custom settings when you install freeware. Those settings will allow you to check for extra offers, and if there is something, you can deselect it/them. You should uncheck all the boxes because when something uses such a sneaky method to enter, it does not belong on your computer. And if you have already installed it, delete Clean My Chrome Virus.
How does it affect your computer?
The adware is advertised as a useful tool so you might have installed it yourself, but whatever the case maybe, you will quickly notice that it does not act as it’s supposed to. Adverts will start appearing everywhere you browse, even on completely legitimate websites. They will vary from banners to the most annoying of all, pop-ups. Your Chrome browser will start behaving sluggish, will take longer to launch, and even your computer might be slow. This is all caused by adware, and it will not stop until you uninstall Clean My Chrome Virus. It does not even perform the promised services properly, and the app’s page on the Chrome store is full of complaints. Interacting with any of the ads is not recommended because you could end up on a dangerous site, with malware on it. If you don’t remove Clean My Chrome Virus right away, you might end up with an even more serious infection.
Clean My Chrome Virus removal
If you know how to manually delete Clean My Chrome Virus, you can go ahead. There will also be instructions provided below this article so you can use that. Automatic Clean My Chrome Virus removal would be easier because the program would find and uninstall Clean My Chrome Virus for you.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Clean My Chrome VirusUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Clean My Chrome Virus. Trial version of SpyHunter provides detection of computer threats like Clean My Chrome Virus and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Clean My Chrome Virus and related programs.
Remove Clean My Chrome Virus from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Clean My Chrome Virus from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Clean My Chrome Virus from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Clean My Chrome Virus from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Clean My Chrome Virus or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Clean My Chrome Virus from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Clean My Chrome Virus from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Clean My Chrome Virus from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Clean My Chrome Virus from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Clean My Chrome Virus and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.