Conduit virus Removal Guide
Conduit virus is classified as a browser hijacker, which takes over your browsers after you install Conduit software on your PC. When you install Conduit programs, you are often offered to install additional applications such as TuneUp Utilities, PasswordBox or Conduit Search.
These offers are usually pre-selected, so if you do not specifically decline them, you get stuck with them without even realizing it. That is why computer users refer to the hijacker as a virus, although it is not technically a virus. They simply do not notice installing it, so they assume it has entered their system without their consent. If you want to eliminate Conduit virus from your computer, we can help you with that.
How does Conduit virus work?
Conduit platform is used to create various programs including different toolbars. These toolbars are promoted as useful applications that can provide you with quick access to your favorite sites. They are usually compatible with all popular browsers and once they get installed, they alter your browser settings. Conduit hijacks your home page and default search provider switching them to search.conduit.com. We do not recommend using this search tool as it may present you with sponsored links and reroute you to unreliable pages. You should not risk your online safety for no reason, which is why we advise that you uninstall Conduit virus as soon as you can.
There is a great variety of Conduit toolbars that could change your browser settings. Some of them are Bitlord Toolbar, Nvstech Toolbar, Oscar Delta Toolbar, WiseConvert Toolbar, Metacrawler Toolbar, and others. These applications all belong to a group of browser extensions called Community toolbars. They can be downloaded at ourtoolbar.com or they can enter your system with the help of free third party software. All of these programs employ tracking cookies, which means that they collect information about your browsing activity. This data can be sold to third parties. If you are not comfortable with that, you should terminate Conduit virus.
How to remove Conduit virus?
In order to delete Conduit virus, you will have to uninstall Conduit toolbar from your computer and modify your browser settings. You can do that manually or automatically. Automatic Conduit virus removal is a more effective and reliable solution. If you download the anti-malware, you will be able to scan your system, detect all potential threats that it contains and delete Conduit virus along with them. The security software will also protect your PC from other infections you may encounter online. If, on the other hand, you choose to remove Conduit virus manually, you can use the instructions we have prepared below this article.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Conduit virusUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Conduit virus. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Conduit virus and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
Is MacKeeper a virus? MacKeeper is not a virus, nor is it a scam. While there are various opinions about the program on the Internet, a lot of the people who so notoriously hate the program have neve ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Conduit virus and related programs.
Remove Conduit virus from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Conduit virus from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Conduit virus from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Conduit virus from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Conduit virus or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Conduit virus from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Conduit virus from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Conduit virus from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Conduit virus from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Conduit virus and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.