convertmypdf.co is a dubious browser extension that allows you to convert files into PDF. It’s also classified as a browser hijacker that can enter your computer without you noticing. If you do not remember obtaining this tool from the official website, you must have gotten it it unknowingly via free software. It is not malicious and you might even find it useful but we do not suggest you allow it to stay on your computer. It exists to generate pay-per-click revenue for sponsored websites, which means it will try to redirect you to those web pages. While that might not seem like a serious issue, you should be aware that browser hijackers can sometimes lead users to infected websites where malware could be obtained accidentally. We strongly suggest you delete convertmypdf.co.
Why should you uninstall convertmypdf.co?
convertmypdf.co got into your computer via free software. Or you may have chosen to install it yourself. In the case of the former, you need to start paying more attention to how you install free software. Browser hijackers are attached to freeware as additional items that users can choose to install. If you do not want them to install, you need to deselect them. And that can only be done in Advanced (Custom) settings of the freeware installation process. Do not choose Default settings because you will not be able to view any added items and therefore, will not be able to deselect them. You should remove convertmypdf.co now that you are aware of how it managed to infect your computer.
convertmypdf.co is advertised as a browser add-on that will help you convert files. You can download it from the official website. Once it is installed, it will alter certain browser’s settings and set a different homepage, new tabs and search engine. The changes will come out of the blue for those who installed it unknowingly. And they cannot be undone until you delete convertmypdf.co from your computer. We don’t suggest you use the provided search engine as many browser hijackers inert sponsored websites into the results so that you would be redirected to those websites. Browser hijackers exists to generate income for sponsored pages so do not be surprised if you end up on all sorts of weird sites. You could even be led to malware-ridden websites, where you could pick a dangerous virus. We suggest you uninstall convertmypdf.co from your computer.
If you chose to terminate convertmypdf.co, you have two options. The quickest way to remove convertmypdf.co would be to use a reliable removal tool. It will be able to locate and erase convertmypdf.co without much trouble and you will not need to do anything. However, if you prefer manual convertmypdf.co removal, you can use the provided guide below. Make sure that you eliminate convertmypdf.co fully, so that it does not renew itself.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Convertmypdf.coUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Convertmypdf.co. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Convertmypdf.co and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Convertmypdf.co and related programs.
Remove Convertmypdf.co from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Convertmypdf.co from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Convertmypdf.co from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Convertmypdf.co from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Convertmypdf.co or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Convertmypdf.co from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Convertmypdf.co from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Convertmypdf.co from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Convertmypdf.co from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Convertmypdf.co and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.