About this threat
Cookies Control is a malicious browser add-on that targets Google Chrome users. This particular threat essentially forces you to install it by tricking you. If you visit dubious website, you might get redirected to the website promoting this extension and there, a pop-up message will appear. It will ask that you install this add-0n. Of course, there is a “Cancel” options but that will lead to the installation of this threat.
So if you have little experience with computers, you might end up with it accidentally or without even noticing. The main symptom is the ads. In that sense, it’s similar to an adware infection. You will constantly see advertisements, even on completely legitimate pages. You might even get redirected. Be careful, as you could be exposed to some serious malware. If you notice this infection, make sure you delete Cookies Control extension.
How did it end up on your computer?
You could have been redirected to the cookies-control.com website from some dubious page or adware could have redirected you there. On that site, a message pops up, suggesting you add this plug-in. There is an “X”, “Add extension” and a “Cancel” options but it does not matter what you press on. All of them will trigger the download. When faced with situations like this, do not interact with the pop-up. Close the tab or your browser. If it does not allow you to do that, access Control Panel and end the Google Chrome process.
Why remove Cookies Control extension?
It’s offered to you as a tool that will help you control your cookies. The fact that it forced you to install it is big sign that it does not belong on your computer. It might change your browser’s settings and fill your screen with ads. It currently only affects Google Chrome so other browsers should be okay. However, if you start seeing the ads, do not ignore the problem and switch to another browser. It will not go away on its own. You need to uninstall Cookies Control extension as soon as possible. You should also not engage with any of the ads that you are shown because they will most likely be malicious. If you are offered to obtain some kind of program by a pop-up, do not do it. It would be a great way for malware to gain access to your computer. If you want some software, use legitimate/official sites only. Otherwise, you are putting your computer in danger. Delete Cookies Control extension and everything should go back to usual.
Cookies Control extension removal
You should be able to remove Cookies Control extension by accessing the add-on section in your browser. If you notice that Cookies Control extension removal was not full, we suggest you employ anti-spyware software and use it to uninstall Cookies Control extension.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Cookies Control extensionUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Cookies Control extension. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Cookies Control extension and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Cookies Control extension and related programs.
Remove Cookies Control extension from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Cookies Control extension from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Cookies Control extension from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Cookies Control extension from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Cookies Control extension or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Cookies Control extension from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Cookies Control extension from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Cookies Control extension from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Cookies Control extension from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Cookies Control extension and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
Incoming search terms:
- Reset the Group Policy to the default settings to remove Cookies Control extension
- cookies control extension
- cookies control virus
- cookies-control com
- Reset the Group Policy to the default settings to remove Cookies Control extension windows 7
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.