Cool Browser Ads Removal Guide
Cool Browser is an advertising-supported application that is promoted as a legitimate web browser. The program is supposed to provide you with fast Internet surfing and protect your online privacy. It is practically identical to its predecessor – Speed Browser. Neither one of these programs are as useful as they claim to be.
The main purpose of the adware has nothing to do with improving your browsing experience. The application is aimed at flooding you with commercial data and thus generating web traffic. That is how its developers make profit. Since there is nothing useful about the software, we suggest that you delete Cool Browser Ads right away.
How does Cool Browser work?
Cool Browser enters your PC with the help of freeware bundles. It is presented as an optional offer during the installation of freeware. If computer users do not notice and decline this offer, the application gets installed automatically. The bundling method is often used by programs that are not very useful. It is an easy way for them to enter your PC without your knowledge. However, there is a way to avoid that. When installing freeware always choose Advanced or Custom mode and deselect all additional programs offered to you. That way you will be able to install the software of your choice without having to deal with ad-supported applications.
The main issue with Cool Browser is its never-ending advertising content, which appears on your screen no matter where you go online. Worse than that, not all ads presented to you can be trusted. They are not endorsed by the program meaning that some of them may be fake. Following unreliable links could result in serious consequences including malware infections and even money loss. The adware is also known to track your cookies recording such information as your IP address, your visited pages and so on. If you want to improve your online security, you should uninstall Cool Browser Ads without hesitation.
How to remove Cool Browser Ads?
In order to eliminate Cool Browser Ads from your browsers, you have to uninstall the adware from your system. Luckily, that is not too difficult to do. You can erase Cool Browser Ads manually or automatically. If you decide to go with manual Cool Browser Ads removal, you can use the instructions we have prepared below this article. If, on the other hand, you choose to delete Cool Browser Ads automatically, you should download the anti-malware tool from our page and use it to scan your computer. Once the scan is complete, you will be able to remove Cool Browser Ads and other detected issues.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Cool Browser AdsUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Cool Browser Ads. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Cool Browser Ads and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Step 1. Uninstall Cool Browser Ads and related programs.
Remove Cool Browser Ads from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Cool Browser Ads from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Cool Browser Ads from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Cool Browser Ads from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Cool Browser Ads or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Cool Browser Ads from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Cool Browser Ads from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Cool Browser Ads from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Cool Browser Ads from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Cool Browser Ads and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
Incoming search terms:
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.