What is Coolasearch.com?
Coolasearch.com is a browser hijacker targeting Mac computers. You might become alarmed when you open your browser and see that Coolasearch.com has been set as your homepage but there is no need to be too worried. A hijacker does not harm computers directly, it primarily aims to generate income by redirecting you to sponsored pages. You must have obtained Coolasearch.com when you downloaded freeware.
Since no one would willingly install browser hijackers, developers attach them to freeware. If they go unnoticed during installation, they will be allowed to install. Technically, hijackers are relatively low-level threats but there are cases when they can lead users to malicious content. What was a mere browser hijacker infection could end in a serious malware threat. You need to uninstall Coolasearch.com.
Why should you delete Coolasearch.com?
If you have this hijacker on your computer, you may not know that some freeware comes together with unwanted items, like adware or browser hijackers. This is why you need to be careful when downloading free software. It can could have all kinds of items attached to it. Before you allow freeware to install, make sure that there is nothing attached to it. If there is, deselect it/them if given the option or do not install it at all. If you do not want to go through the trouble of having to remove Coolasearch.com or similar again, prevent their installation in the beginning.
If Coolasearch.com gets into your computer, it will take over all leading browsers installed on your computer, including Safari, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome. Your homepage and new tabs will be set to Coolasearch.com. These changes to your browser will be made without your explicit permission and you will not be able to undo them unless you first uninstall Search.qamails.com. Until then, every time you open your browser, you will be led to Coolasearch.com. You will be provided with a search engine but we suggest you refrain from using it. In any case, if you search for something, you will be led to Google. What is the use of this web page when you can just go to Google directly. While it may not be able to redirect you, it could be collecting information about your browsing habits and what kind of pages you visit. That data could then be sold to third parties who may use it for advertisement purposes. We strongly suggest you remove Coolasearch.com
You can delete Coolasearch.com in two ways, manually or automatically. We recommend obtaining professional removal software and allowing it to erase Coolasearch.com for you. But if that is not something you wish to do, you can take care of Coolasearch.com removal manually as well. You will find instructions to help you erase Coolasearch.com below this article. After you eliminate Coolasearch.com, you can go and change your browser’s settings.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Coolasearch.comUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Coolasearch.com. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Coolasearch.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Coolasearch.com and related programs.
Remove Coolasearch.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Coolasearch.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Coolasearch.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Coolasearch.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Coolasearch.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Coolasearch.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Coolasearch.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Coolasearch.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Coolasearch.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Coolasearch.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.