Coolsearch.info is a browser hijacker that enters your computer via the bundling method. It essentially is attached to free software in a way that allows it to install alongside it. Once it is on your computer, it will make changes to your browser and not allow you to undo them. Coolsearch.info is not malicious and it is not a virus so there is no need to worry about it directly damaging your computer. However, the thing about browser hijackers is that they can expose you to malicious content, which could lead to a serious malware infection on your computer. Coolsearch.info might also be recording your clicks and accumulating certain kind of information about you. While Coolsearch.info is not very dangerous, we suggest you delete Coolsearch.info as it will bring nothing beneficial.
Why remove Coolsearch.info?
Because you chose Default settings when you installed free software, you ended up with this hijacker. Browser hijackers are attached to free software in a way that allows them to install alongside it if the user fails to deselect them. You cannot deselect anything in Default settings. Which is why you should always choose Advanced (Custom) settings. Just uncheck the added items and that will be enough to stop the bundles from installing. If you continue using Default mode, you will end up having to uninstall Coolsearch.info or similar.
Coolsearch.info will hijack all your major browsers, including Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. It will make setting changes and then prevent you from undoing the modifications until you remove Coolsearch.info. This is typical browser hijacker behavior as in order to be able to redirect you, a browser hijacker needs to make alterations. Coolsearch.info might look entirely legitimate and even appealing. There is a search box provided and if you try to search for something, you will be redirected to home.ozipcompression.com. The website does not seem to work and you will be shown the error page. So as a search engine, it is not exactly reliable or useful. Coolsearch.info might also be following your browsing sessions and gathering non-private information, such as IP addresses, web and search histories, etc. While the information is not sensitive, you should not allow it to end up in some questionable third party hands. We strongly suggest you uninstall Coolsearch.info to avoid further issue.
There are two ways to delete Coolsearch.info, manually or automatically. Automatic Coolsearch.info removal is the faster option as the program will do everything for you. However, you can also eliminate Coolsearch.info manually. But that means you will have to locate it yourself.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Coolsearch.infoUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Coolsearch.info. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Coolsearch.info and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Coolsearch.info and related programs.
Remove Coolsearch.info from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Coolsearch.info from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Coolsearch.info from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Coolsearch.info from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Coolsearch.info or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Coolsearch.info from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Coolsearch.info from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Coolsearch.info from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Coolsearch.info from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Coolsearch.info and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.