What is Counterflix?
Counterflix is adware and a potentially unwanted program (PUP). There is an official website where you can download Counterflix but it might also invade computers using the bundling method. Users might be tempted to download Counterflix because it offers to give you access to your favorite websites without any restrictions. In that way, it is very similar to Gostify.
But you should also be aware of some of the bad features Counterflix has. It’s adware so it will expose you to huge amounts of intrusive advertisements. It will track your browsing activities so that it knows what kind of ads to show you. It can also lead you to some very dangerous domains and you might end up with malware on your computer. Seems more trouble than it’s worth, so we think you should get rid of Counterflix.
How does Counterflix spread?
There is a website from which you can download Counterflix. It’s offered as an application that can help bypass the geographical restrictions when using certain websites. But if you do not remember downloading Counterflix, it might have installed without you knowing. How did it do that, you ask? It’s actually very simple. You must have installed freeware recently and Counterflix was attached to it. It automatically installed along with the freeware if you used Default settings. If you use Advanced (Custom) settings, then you will be able to see what items are attached and if you do not want those items, you can prevent them from installing. Whichever way you got it, we suggest you delete Counterflix.
Why must I remove Counterflix ads?
Adware is not something you want on your computer. While it does not directly threaten your computer, it can still do some damage. It will collect information about you, such as what you search for and what websites you visit. When it finds out what you are interested in, it will generate ads specially for you. Those ads will appear everywhere in various forms and will be very intrusive. And that is not the worst thing about Counterflix ads. Those ads can be hosted on dangerous domains, which means that if you were to click on such an ad, you might end up with malware on your computer. Is all this really worth what Counterflix offers? We suggest you uninstall Counterflix as soon as possible.
How to remove Counterflix ads?
Of course, it is up to you if you want to keep a potentially dangerous program on your computer, but we recommend you delete Counterflix as soon as possible. You can uninstall Counterflix ads using anti-malware software. If that is something you do not want to do, you can take care of Counterflix removal by hand. In the case of manual Counterflix ads removal, you will need to find end erase Counterflix related programs.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Counterflix adsUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Counterflix ads. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Counterflix ads and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
How Kaspersky Lab Works? Without a doubt, Kaspersky is one of the top anti-viruses available at the moment. According to computer experts, the software is currently the best at locating and destroyin ...
Step 1. Uninstall Counterflix ads and related programs.
Remove Counterflix ads from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Counterflix ads from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Counterflix ads from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Counterflix ads from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Counterflix ads or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Counterflix ads from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Counterflix ads from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Counterflix ads from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Counterflix ads from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Counterflix ads and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
Incoming search terms:
- counterflix virus
- kaspersky counter flix
- can norton remove counterflix
- counter flix removal
- counterflix virus kaspersky
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.