What is Coupon Time Adware?
Coupon Time is a potentially unwanted program (PUP) that falls into the adware category. It is advertised as a browser add-on that could help you shop online by providing you with coupons, great deals, offers and price comparisons. While that does certainly seem useful, some users did not choose to install this add-on and suddenly find themselves dealing with ads they have no need for. It uses the bundling method to infect computers which means it attaches itself to free software that you install and that allows it to install alongside the software. It is not malicious and does not harm your computer so if you find it on your computer, there is no need to panic. It aims to generate income for certain sites so what it will do is expose you to very tempting ads so that you would press on them. It should be noted that ads are not always hosted on safe domains, so you could end up entering infected sites, which could lead to a serious malware infection. Uninstall Coupon Time Adware immediately.
How does Coupon Time Adware spread?
This extension is available for download on the official site so you may have obtained it from there. However, it also travels together with free software. When installing software, always pay attention and read everything provided. Usually, if there is something attached, it is disclosed during the installation process. You should also use Advanced or Customs settings, if available. You will be allowed to deselect the added items in those settings, and you could then proceed to install the freeware. Do not rush through the installation process in Default settings as that is why you may be stuck having to delete Coupon Time Adware now.
What does Coupon Time Adware do?
Just as the name suggests, Coupon Time Adware will display various offers, coupons, discounts, etc. It is available for all leading browsers, including Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. If you did not install it willingly, you will probably not appreciate the ads appearing everywhere. To get rid of them, you would need to remove Coupon Time Adware from the system. The deals that it offers you might not even be real. They could be generated so that you would click on them. The better the offer looks, the more click it will get, which means more money. We highly doubt it will help you save any money. In fact, it could lead you to malicious sites where malware could be lurking. If you wish to protect your computer and return to usual browsing, you need to uninstall Coupon Time Adware.
Coupon Time Adware removal
You may need to get anti-malware software to remove Coupon Time Adware fully. Manual Coupon Time Adware removal is possible but can be rather time-consuming as you will have to locate it yourself. After you delete Coupon Time Adware, you will be able to browse the Internet as normal.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Coupon Time AdwareUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Coupon Time Adware. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Coupon Time Adware and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Plumbytes is a reliable security software that can provide you with a rich set of beneficial features. It belongs to a UK-based company called Plumbytes Software, LP. The application functions as a ma ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Coupon Time Adware and related programs.
Remove Coupon Time Adware from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Coupon Time Adware from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Coupon Time Adware from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Coupon Time Adware from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Coupon Time Adware or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Coupon Time Adware from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Coupon Time Adware from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Coupon Time Adware from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Coupon Time Adware from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Coupon Time Adware and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.