What is Coupontabsearch.com?
Coupontabsearch.com belongs to Upside Innovations, Inc. and is classified as a browser hijacker. Although it may be promoted as a useful utility, its main goal is to generate revenue by promoting its sponsors. It changes your browser settings upon arrival and takes other unwanted actions like rerouting you to its associated domains, inserting ads into your visited sites, tracking your cookies, and so on. The hijacker affects all most commonly used web browsers, so it does not matter which one of them you have got installed. If you wish to restore your original settings, you will have to get rid of Coupontabsearch.com.
How does Coupontabsearch.com work?
In case you are wondering how the hijacker entered your PC, you should know that it uses the bundling distribution method. This means that it gets attached to free third party software and is presented to users during its installation. It is possible to decline the additional offers that you see in the setup, however, in order to do so, you have to choose the Advanced or Custom installation mode and pay attention to every step of the wizard. If you follow these tips, you should be able to acquire only the software that you actually need.
The hijacker modifies your browser settings, including your home page and default search engine, as soon as it enters your PC. The page that now appears on your screen each time you go online, Coupontabsearch.com, presents you with a search box and Coupon Unity, Coupons, PopularCoupons, and other quick access buttons. If you click on them, you will get rerouted to Couponunity.com, Groupon.com, Couponbox.com, and other sites with similar content. The hijacker will also flood your with ads when you surf the Web and cause redirects to its sponsor pages. It is clear that these unnecessary activities will considerably slow down your online browsing. Keep in mind that the adverts shown to you may be fake, so it would be best to stay away from them. We recommend that you terminate Coupontabsearch.com and thus eliminate all of it unwanted symptoms.
How to remove Coupontabsearch.com?
To delete Coupontabsearch.com from your browsers, you will have to choose between the two following options: manual or automatic removal. Manual Coupontabsearch.com removal requires you to complete several tasks. You have to uninstall the hijacker’s associated application and restore your web browser settings. Instructions presented below the article can help you with this process. However, if you want to make sure that you not only erase Coupontabsearch.com, but also delete other unwanted files and programs from your PC, you should go with automatic removal instead. You can eliminate Coupontabsearch.com automatically by implementing the anti-malware application from our site. It will clean your computer from all potential threats and keep it safeguarded from now on.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Coupontabsearch.comUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Coupontabsearch.com. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Coupontabsearch.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Coupontabsearch.com and related programs.
Remove Coupontabsearch.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Coupontabsearch.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Coupontabsearch.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Coupontabsearch.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Coupontabsearch.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Coupontabsearch.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Coupontabsearch.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Coupontabsearch.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Coupontabsearch.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Coupontabsearch.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.