About CryptFile2 Virus
CryptFile2 (.scl) Virus is a ransomware type of virus that encrypts files. You may have caught the ransomware if you used Torrents or opened a spam email. Once it downloads onto your computer, it uses the RSA-2048 algorithm to encrypt your files. This means that CryptFile2 Virus creates a public and a private key. The public one is used to encrypt your files, while the private key is for decryption. Unfortunately, the private key is stored in a remote server. The hackers want you to pay for that private key. We don’t suggest you do, however. In most cases, victims are just ignored after payment has been made. Do not give into the demands and remove CryptFile2 Virus.
How did I get CryptFile2 Virus?
Ransomware usually spreads via spam email, fake software updates, peer-to-peer networks (Torrents) and Trojans. Spam email is on of the more popular methods. Beware of official looking spam emails with attachments. They might look very legit but there’s always a possibility that it could carry ransomware. And with only one click of a button your files become encrypted. If you don’t want that to happen, don’t open spam email, don’t download software updates from unofficial websites and refrain from using Torrents. If you must, at least make sure you are downloading safe content.
What does CryptFile2 Virus do?
Once it infects your computer, it will use the RSA-2048 algorithm to encrypt your files. When the process is complete, a ransom note with information about file restoration will appear. The victim will be informed of what has happened and how to proceed. The hackers state that the victim must pay if he or she wants the decryption key. It is not stated, however, how much money needs to be payed. You are supposed to contact the hackers using one of the email addresses and they will provide you with further instructions. They also say that if you send them one file, they will decrypt it, as proof that they can. The victim is also threatened that if they do not pay within 72 hours, the price will double. If you payed, there is no guarantee that they will restore your files. We suggest you ignore the demands and delete CryptFile2 Virus. Unfortunately, currently there is no way to decrypt the files.
CryptFile2 Virus removal
In order to remove CryptFile2 Virus, you will need to use anti-malware software. Manual CryptFile2 Virus removal is very complex and you might end up damaging your computer, so we do not suggest you delete CryptFile2 Virus by yourself. Instructions on how to erase CryptFile2 Virus will be provided below.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove CryptFile2 VirusUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall CryptFile2 Virus. Trial version of SpyHunter provides detection of computer threats like CryptFile2 Virus and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version. More...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
What is Bitdefender Antivirus Software? Bitdefender is an anti-virus application that provides advanced protection against Internet-based threats. You can choose between Bitdefender Anti-Virus Plus, ...
How Kaspersky Lab Works? Without a doubt, Kaspersky is one of the top anti-viruses available at the moment. According to computer experts, the software is currently the best at locating and destroyin ...
Step 1. Delete CryptFile2 Virus using Safe Mode with Networking.
Remove CryptFile2 Virus from Windows 7/Windows Vista/Windows XP
- Click on Start and select Shutdown.
- Choose Restart and click OK.
- Start tapping F8 when your PC starts loading.
- Under Advanced Boot Options, choose Safe Mode with Networking.
- Open your browser and download the anti-malware utility.
- Use the utility to remove CryptFile2 Virus
Remove CryptFile2 Virus from Windows 8/Windows 10
- On the Windows login screen, press the Power button.
- Tap and hold Shift and select Restart.
- Go to Troubleshoot → Advanced options → Start Settings.
- Choose Enable Safe Mode or Safe Mode with Networking under Startup Settings.
- Click Restart.
- Open your web browser and download the malware remover.
- Use the software to delete CryptFile2 Virus
Step 2. Restore Your Files using System Restore
Delete CryptFile2 Virus from Windows 7/Windows Vista/Windows XP
- Click Start and choose Shutdown.
- Select Restart and OK
- When your PC starts loading, press F8 repeatedly to open Advanced Boot Options
- Choose Command Prompt from the list.
- Type in cd restore and tap Enter.
- Type in rstrui.exe and press Enter.
- Click Next in the new window and select the restore point prior to the infection.
- Click Next again and click Yes to begin the system restore.
Delete CryptFile2 Virus from Windows 8/Windows 10
- Click the Power button on the Windows login screen.
- Press and hold Shift and click Restart.
- Choose Troubleshoot and go to Advanced options.
- Select Command Prompt and click Restart.
- In Command Prompt, input cd restore and tap Enter.
- Type in rstrui.exe and tap Enter again.
- Click Next in the new System Restore window.
- Choose the restore point prior to the infection.
- Click Next and then click Yes to restore your system.
Incoming search terms:
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.