CryptoBit Ransomware Removal Guide (Uninstall CryptoBit Ransomware)
CryptoBit Ransomware is a malicious threat that can infiltrate your computer without your knowledge. It is usually referred to as ransomware, because once it gets installed, it encrypts your data and demands that you pay a certain amount of money to get it back.
The infection spreads online by using spam emails, fake ads, corrupted sites, and other deceptive means of distribution. Its only purpose is to make money off of unsuspecting computer users. We urge you not to pay the cyber crooks a cent and remove CryptoBit Ransomware as soon as you can.
Once the ransomware gets access to your computer, it starts encrypting your files. It corrupts such file types as .doc, .pdf, .jpg, .avi, .mp3, .ppt, and some others. The encrypted files cannot be accessed without the decryption key. This is exactly what the parasite attempts to sell you after you realize that your data has been compromised. The malware shows you a notification, which explains that you need to pay 0.5 Bitcoins for the key (at the moment 0.5 BTC is about $232). Although some users may be tempted to pay the cyber crooks, we do not recommend doing so, because there is no way to be sure that will actually get you your files back. Cyber criminals are not exactly known for their honesty, so you could waste your money and get nothing in return.
The best thing you can do is terminate CryptoBit Ransomware without hesitation. As for your files, there are several methods you can choose from in order to restore them without making the ransom payment. One of them is to recover your data from backup. If, however, you do not have your files backed up, you can try using the Shadow Volume Copies feature or downloading a decryption program created by DecrypterFixer, which will decrypt the files for you. Please note that before you do any of that, you should delete CryptoBit Ransomware from your PC.
How to remove CryptoBit Ransomware?
In order to completely eliminate CryptoBit Ransomware, you will have to use a malware prevention and removal tool. You can acquire the utility on our page. It will scan your PC, detect all malign components, and delete CryptoBit Ransomware along with them. In addition to CryptoBit Ransomware removal, the security program will also help you make sure that you do not have to deal with similar problems again. It will provide your computer with real-time online protection and other beneficial features allowing you surf the Web safely and securely from now on.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove CryptoBit RansomwareUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall CryptoBit Ransomware. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like CryptoBit Ransomware and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall CryptoBit Ransomware and related programs.
Remove CryptoBit Ransomware from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall CryptoBit Ransomware from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete CryptoBit Ransomware from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove CryptoBit Ransomware from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for CryptoBit Ransomware or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete CryptoBit Ransomware from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase CryptoBit Ransomware from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove CryptoBit Ransomware from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall CryptoBit Ransomware from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable CryptoBit Ransomware and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.