What is Cryptolocker Italy?
Cryptolocker Italy is a ransomware type of virus that encrypts files. Like with most ransomware, users can get infected by opening spam email attachments. Once it downloads onto the computer, it will use the AES-256 encryption algorithm to encrypt files and then will demand that you pay for a decryption key. There does not seem to be a decryption key developed by malware researchers so the only way to get files back is from backup. We can never recommend paying, as in most cases the hackers just take the money and give nothing in return. So ignore the demands and remove Cryptolocker Italy. Also note that if you have backup, you can only restore the files after you delete Cryptolocker Italy.
How does Cryptolocker Italy spread?
Cryptolocker Italy, as most ransomware, spreads via spam emails. This is a very popular distribution method among ransomware developers. They attach an infected file to an email and send it to thousands of users. Although most users ignore those emails because they end up in the spam folder, there are those who do open them. The contents of the email might pressure users into opening the attachment, e.g. saying that the attachment is an important document. They could also be pretending to be a government organization or a company. You always need to double check the contents and the sender when you get an email like that. Use a reliable search engine to find out if someone else has gotten a similar email and ended up infected with ransomware.
How does Cryptolocker Italy work?
When Cryptolocker Italy infects your computer, it will encrypt your files and add the .locked file extension. It should also be noted that Cryptolocker Italy will change certain computer’s settings so that the ransomware runs automatically on start-up. Once the encryption is done, Cryptolocker Italy will create a ransom note in Italian with instructions on how to restore the files. The note explains what has happened and explains that in order to get the decryption key, victims need to pay €250. The ransom note also informs victims that two keys have been generated, a public one used for encrypting and a private – for decryption. The private key is stored in a remote server, which means only Cryptolocker Italy developers have access to it. If payment is not made in 48 hours, the key would be deleted. We are sure the hackers would not give you the decryption key even if you payed, so do not waste your time and money. You’re better of investing that money into backup so that losing your files does not happen again. Ignore the demands and remove Cryptolocker Italy.
Cryptolocker Italy removal
In order to erase Cryptolocker Italy, you will need anti-malware software that can delete Cryptolocker Italy automatically. Manual Cryptolocker Italy removal is not recommended as it could damage the computer.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Cryptolocker ItalyUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Cryptolocker Italy. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Cryptolocker Italy and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
How Kaspersky Lab Works? Without a doubt, Kaspersky is one of the top anti-viruses available at the moment. According to computer experts, the software is currently the best at locating and destroyin ...
Step 1. Delete Cryptolocker Italy using Safe Mode with Networking.
Remove Cryptolocker Italy from Windows 7/Windows Vista/Windows XP
- Click on Start and select Shutdown.
- Choose Restart and click OK.
- Start tapping F8 when your PC starts loading.
- Under Advanced Boot Options, choose Safe Mode with Networking.
- Open your browser and download the anti-malware utility.
- Use the utility to remove Cryptolocker Italy
Remove Cryptolocker Italy from Windows 8/Windows 10
- On the Windows login screen, press the Power button.
- Tap and hold Shift and select Restart.
- Go to Troubleshoot → Advanced options → Start Settings.
- Choose Enable Safe Mode or Safe Mode with Networking under Startup Settings.
- Click Restart.
- Open your web browser and download the malware remover.
- Use the software to delete Cryptolocker Italy
Step 2. Restore Your Files using System Restore
Delete Cryptolocker Italy from Windows 7/Windows Vista/Windows XP
- Click Start and choose Shutdown.
- Select Restart and OK
- When your PC starts loading, press F8 repeatedly to open Advanced Boot Options
- Choose Command Prompt from the list.
- Type in cd restore and tap Enter.
- Type in rstrui.exe and press Enter.
- Click Next in the new window and select the restore point prior to the infection.
- Click Next again and click Yes to begin the system restore.
Delete Cryptolocker Italy from Windows 8/Windows 10
- Click the Power button on the Windows login screen.
- Press and hold Shift and click Restart.
- Choose Troubleshoot and go to Advanced options.
- Select Command Prompt and click Restart.
- In Command Prompt, input cd restore and tap Enter.
- Type in rstrui.exe and tap Enter again.
- Click Next in the new System Restore window.
- Choose the restore point prior to the infection.
- Click Next and then click Yes to restore your system.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.