Ddlstart.com Removal Guide (Uninstall Ddlstart.com)
Ddlstart.com is a browser hijacker that can replace your browser preferences without your authorization. It is operated by Zugo Limited, which is a company that provides several search based products including start pages and toolbars.
The hijacker travels in free software bundles and is compatible with all commonly used web browsers. It is very likely that it entered your computer together with a toolbar or some other potentially unwanted program. If you want to eliminate Ddlstart.com from your browsers, you will also have to uninstall the application with which it got installed onto your PC.
How does Ddlstart.com work?
The hijacker sets your home page and default search provider to Ddlstart.com. This site contains nothing but a search box, which allows you to search using such parameters as Web, Images, Video, and News. When you enter a query into the box, you get rerouted to us.search.yahoo.com. The results that are shown to you contain multiple ads. It is clear that you do not need the hijacker in order to make use of Yahoo Search. Moreover, as you may have already noticed, the hijacker also inserts commercials into other pages that you visit. You will encounter pop-ups, banners, sponsored links, and other ads on all sites regardless of their content. We advise that you avoid clicking on these adverts, because they may be unsafe.
The hijacker may cause other unwanted symptoms as well. It can redirect you to its sponsor websites in the middle of your browsing. It may also cause Internet connection and system slow downs. The hijacker is known to track your cookies and collect information about your online surfing habits. This data is used to create ads that appear more relevant to you and thus increase the chances of you actually clicking on them. We advise that you delete Ddlstart.com without further delay.
How to remove Ddlstart.com?
Luckily, it is not that difficult to terminate Ddlstart.com. You can remove the hijacker manually or automatically. If you want to go with the first option, you will have to delete Ddlstart.com (related program) and reset your browsers. Instructions presented below the article can assist you with these tasks. Alternatively, you can erase Ddlstart.com automatically with the help of a malware removal tool. You can make use of the security utility presented on our page. The anti-malware will scan your computer and detect all threats. You will then be able to remove Ddlstart.com along with other unwanted files and apps. In addition to cleaning your system, you will also be making sure that it stays that way in the future as the utility will provide you with various beneficial features including real-time online protection.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Ddlstart.comUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Ddlstart.com. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Ddlstart.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
How Kaspersky Lab Works? Without a doubt, Kaspersky is one of the top anti-viruses available at the moment. According to computer experts, the software is currently the best at locating and destroyin ...
Step 1. Uninstall Ddlstart.com and related programs.
Remove Ddlstart.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Ddlstart.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Ddlstart.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Ddlstart.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Ddlstart.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Ddlstart.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Ddlstart.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Ddlstart.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Ddlstart.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Ddlstart.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.