default-search.net is a browser hijacker that would change your browser’s settings if it managed to enter your computer. It can do that by attaching itself to free software as an additional offer. It would be optional but you would need to manually deselect it in order to prevent it from installing. Many users do not even notice anything attached so they end up installing all kinds of unwanted items.
Thankfully, browser hijackers do not aim to harm your computer. The primary reason why they even exist is to direct traffic to certain websites so that the site owners could make money. Despite this, hijackers can be quite irritating to deal with. They will change your browser’s settings and set a completely different homepage. Since hijackers aim to redirect you to sponsored content, it would not be surprising if you somehow ended up on an page that inhabits malware. There is no need to put up with the inconveniences that come with having a hijacker. Delete default-search.net.
How is default-search.net spread?
All browser hijackers spread using software bundles. They are attached to the freeware as optional items that you need to manually deselect in order to prevent them from installing. Choose Advanced or Custom settings during freeware installation and you will see everything that has been added. You will see a couple of boxes there and all you need to do is uncheck them. You can then proceed to install the freeware. Some might think that using Default and rushing will save them time but on the contrary, you will spend much more time trying to remove default-search.net or similar so it’s best you deselect extra offers in the beginning.
Why should you uninstall default-search.net?
As soon as the hijacker enters your computer, it will change your browser’s settings and set itself as your homepage and new tabs. These changes might come as a surprise because the hijacker seemingly did it without your authorization. And if you try to change them back, the hijacker will just modify them again. This will continue to go on until you delete default-search.net. Your new homepage does not look too suspicious but if you have encountered hijackers before, it will ring alarm bells in your head. The provided search engine will lead you to Aztec Media Yahoo Search and you could encounter sponsored content in the results. You would be led to completely unrelated websites but the more worrying thing is that you might enter malware-ridden sites. A malware infections would be a much more serious issue to deal with compared to a minor browser hijacker. Thus you ought to remove default-search.net.
If you have experience with hijackers you can try to uninstall default-search.net manually. It may be difficult because hijackers are hidden. If you have issues, you may want to download anti-malware software and have it erase default-search.net for you. There will also be instructions provided to help you with default-search.net removal.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Default-Search.netUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Default-Search.net. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Default-Search.net and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Default-Search.net and related programs.
Remove Default-Search.net from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Default-Search.net from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Default-Search.net from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Default-Search.net from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Default-Search.net or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Default-Search.net from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Default-Search.net from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Default-Search.net from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Default-Search.net from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Default-Search.net and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.