What is Dezipper Toolbar?
Dezipper Toolbar is a third-party toolbar that should not be trusted and is classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Program). The developer of this application is Mindspark Interactive Network, Inc. The company is widely known as the creator of a number of malicious programs that have one aim – to make profit out of third-party ads. A couple of examples of such programs are TranslationBuddy Toolbar and SuddenlyMusic Toolbar. Once Dezipper Toolbar inhabits your computer, it changes your default search engine into a customized version of Ask.com – myway.com. It is done without the user’s consent.
The interesting thing about this toolbar is that some users download it with their free will – the application claims to be a very useful tool. Its function is to compress and decompress files and archives by simply using the web browser. On the contrary, this doesn’t work as well as expected. The user has to download another application in order to compress files. To sum up, the toolbar not only doesn’t work as it should to, but also messes with your browser options without your permission and causes potential threat. It should be obligatory to remove Dezipper Toolbar as a useless tool.
Why is Dezipper Toolbar dangerous?
Not only this toolbar makes unauthorized changes to your browser, but it also creates a dangerous browsing environment. When you try using this search engine, the results that you get may be unreliable. You see, they are not fully legitimate. Dezipper makes various third-party links to appear at the top of the page. The links look like normal pages but in reality they are nothing more than simple ads. Also, they can lead you to dangers if clicked: you may download viruses, malware, Trojans, or rogue security applications. What is more, you may get spammed with various pop-up ads, banners, and other advertisements when you surf the Net. Remember – the more ads you click, the bigger is the risk to get infected. There is also one thing worth mentioning: the toolbar is known to collect user information such as e-mail address, IP addresses, or even passwords. This may lead to more serious troubles, for example, monetary loss. Before any of these things happen, we advise you to simply delete Dezipper Toolbar from your PC.
How did I get infected with Dezipper Toolbar?
Dezipper Toolbar has its own official website, http://www.dezipper.com/index.jhtml. However, not all users have downloaded it consciously. You may have this toolbar on your computer if you have installed some freeware from the Internet. PUPs like this usually come bundled with free software and it is important to read the Installation Wizard in order to notice if some malicious program is ready to sneak in. As for now, you have to uninstall Dezipper Toolbar so that you could browse safely.
How to remove Dezipper Toolbar from my PC?
It is advisable to remove Dezipper Toolbar automatically with a legitimate anti-spyware application. Manual Dezipper Toolbar removal requires some computer knowledge so if you feel not capable of doing it, simply invest in a good spyware removal tool and enjoy the results – it will detect and delete everything that may cause you harm.
Step 1. Uninstall Dezipper Toolbar and related programs.
Remove Dezipper Toolbar from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Dezipper Toolbar from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Dezipper Toolbar from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Dezipper Toolbar from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Dezipper Toolbar or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Dezipper Toolbar from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Dezipper Toolbar from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Dezipper Toolbar from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Dezipper Toolbar from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Dezipper Toolbar and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Dezipper ToolbarUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Dezipper Toolbar. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Dezipper Toolbar and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
What is Bitdefender Antivirus Software? Bitdefender is an anti-virus application that provides advanced protection against Internet-based threats. You can choose between Bitdefender Anti-Virus Plus, ...
How Kaspersky Lab Works? Without a doubt, Kaspersky is one of the top anti-viruses available at the moment. According to computer experts, the software is currently the best at locating and destroyin ...
Incoming search terms:
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.