Dimakadima.com is a browser hijacker that is responsible for the changes in your browser. If you open your browser one day and get redirected to Dimakadima.com, you may have a hijacker on your hands. There is no need to be too alarmed because hijackers are not malicious and are not considered to be malware.
That does mean that Dimakadima.com will not irritate you. It will alter your browser’s settings without your permission and possibly attempt to redirect you to sponsored web pages. This is how hijackers earn money. If you do not remember downloading the hijacker yourself, there is a good chance that it entered your computer via free software. These unwanted applications are attached to free software in a way that allows them to install alongside. If you do not want them, you need to manually deselect them. But if they go unnoticed during freeware installation, they will be allowed to install. Do not put up with this hijacker, and remove Dimakadima.com.
Should you uninstall Dimakadima.com?
The hijacker will alter your browser’s settings so that Dimakadima.com is set as your homepage and new tabs. The changes may be carried out without your permission and you could be stuck with them until you delete Dimakadima.com. It is advertised as a browser extension that will allow you to find quizzes but that it not all that it does. It may try to redirect you to sponsored web pages because it earns income by generating traffic for those sites. Usually, hijacker use search engines to do this by inserting those sponsored websites among the legitimate search results. If you click on one, you will most likely end up on some unrelated page. Usually those redirects do not pose danger to your computer but at times, users are redirected to infected pages where malware could be lurking. This could lead to a malware infection. We suggest against engaging with the hijacker because this could lead to serious consequences. Do not hesitate to remove Dimakadima.com.
Why is my computer infected?
Users end up with hijackers when they install freeware and do not pay attention to how they do it. Not everyone is aware of the fact that free programs normally come with some kind of added item, adware or hijackers, for example. While they are not malicious it is better if you avoid them. To prevent them from installing, use Advanced or Custom settings during freeware installation. You will be able to deselect everything and proceed to install the freeware without issues. Do not use Default settings or rush through the installation process because you will be stuck having to uninstall Dimakadima.com or something similar again.
You can delete Dimakadima.com in two ways. If you choose to erase Dimakadima.com manually, you will have to identify the hijacker yourself, which could become tricky as it might be hiding. Automatic Dimakadima.com removal would be the quicker option as the program would take care of everything.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Dimakadima.comUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Dimakadima.com. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Dimakadima.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Plumbytes is a reliable security software that can provide you with a rich set of beneficial features. It belongs to a UK-based company called Plumbytes Software, LP. The application functions as a ma ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Dimakadima.com and related programs.
Remove Dimakadima.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Dimakadima.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Dimakadima.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Dimakadima.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Dimakadima.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Dimakadima.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Dimakadima.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Dimakadima.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Dimakadima.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Dimakadima.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.